HRPartsNStuff vs. Global West

Thanks a lot for all of the replies. Much appreciated. A few questions for some of you, if you don't mind...

c&cgn: What type of bushings do you have in your boxed control arms? Do you see any signs of the ATR bar distorting your lowers?

machinegun: Have you ever taken your daily driver to the track? If so, how did it do (60-foot)? I'm assuming from your second post that you did the HR uppers and lowers, along with the HR bar?

Trbobuick: Might be interested in trying both bars, but it won't be until next spring. You'll probably have the HR bar back on your car by then. I'll send you an email.

Looks like I've got some more thinking to do. Thanks a lot for all of your input. Been a great thread for me. More opinions always welcome.

Originally posted by mgmshar
Thanks a lot for all of the replies. Much appreciated. A few questions for some of you, if you don't mind...

c&cgn: What type of bushings do you have in your boxed control arms? Do you see any signs of the ATR bar distorting your lowers?

Looks like I've got some more thinking to do. Thanks a lot for all of your input. Been a great thread for me. More opinions always welcome.

Uppers have brand new stock rubber and lowers have the Camaro 1LE rubber bushings. No evidence of any damage to the stock control arms. When they are boxed you should use some steel tubing to reinforce the holes where the bar mounts up. Between that and boxing the bottom of the LCA's you shouldn't have any problems.

Re: HR???

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
I just made my first passes w/ the newly installed HR antiroll bar..
10.30 @133+, and it drove like it was on the street cruising!
I had an ATR bar to try, along w/ airbags. Took it all off, installed the HR bar, and used my own uppers and lowers... Rides great, and will see some street use this fall and back to the track in Feb..
Anyone wanting a set of like new airbags/hardware, and a new ATR bar for a RIGHT price.. e-mail me.
:D :D

The last time I saw Chuck smile like that was............:D

I have not taken my daily driver out to the track as of yet. Since adding the alchy, exhaust and chip and doing some tunning I have not had a chance. However if the street is any indication I can tell you this. The couple of weeks after I got the car, I went to the track. with the wheels and tires and stock sway bar the car was running 1.98 60' times and was dancing all over the track coming out of the hole. Now not at the track but our own little tesing grounds, when the car does come out of the hole it goes straight and hooks much better. On the race car we went from a stock bar to the hr bar, 60 foot times went from a 1.67 to a 1.62 consistantly on the ET streets. Not only that but at 1.58' down at BG at the FSC, I might as well set the cruise control. It was that nice to drive. No more playing wheel man to keep the car going straight. Hope this helps.