How to convert to S-10 wheel cylinders.

bwallace/Rickracer----Thanks for the links. Those canisters sure are large; might be a tight fit finding a place to put them. Do either of you use one?

I was considering one before I did the conversion, but like I said I seem to hold boost just fine. I would probably try it if it would help me hold even more boost. Might be tough finding a place to install the canister. I know they make an electric vacuum pump but it runs around 400.00. Let me know if it works out ok, for 40 or 50 bucks I might just go ahead and try it anyway.

bwallace---Do you have anything else done to the brakes in addition to the vacuum conversion (S-10 cylinders, shoes, etc)?

Hey LOOK QUICK I was just wandering about your brake problem, If when you switched over to the vac. brake system if you changed the brake pedal too, or did you use the original pedal

Here is what I have done to the brakes:

S-10 cylinders
Aluminum Drums (Had them turned with a course surface)
NAPA Brake shoes (large shoes)
Line Lock

larry---I converted to the vacuum pedal.

bwallace---We have the same set up except for the aluminum drums so I don't know what my problem is with holding boost. :(

I guess it is just one of those unexplained deals with out cars, some work great some don't.

I guess just make sure that you got a good master cyl. and booster

I guess I am just not lucky enough to have a system that works great.

I did put a Mity Vac on the booster and it held 17" of vacuum and leaked down real slow so the booster should be good.