How much RWHP to get into the 9's

rafael vasquez

Hey just courios how much rwhp does one need to get into the 9's?????

I know it's tough question
i have a full wieght limited weighs 3680 with 1/2 tank of gas and me in it..

680 is what my moroso power calculator says, but that's at 134mph. You will need to 60ft about a 1.36 to get there, otherwise you will need more power.

ahh man NO king cobra here!!!!
A good driver yes yes that would me!!!!

Im leaving off the foot brake maybe 1.55

I ran a 10.69 at 128 and made 622 RWHP old combo my best 60 foot is 1.61

Yeah, you need to work on that setup & launch. 128mph should have been able to get LOW 1.40's. Not saying I know much, I fought for years to get my car where it is & it still needs work, but has gone 1.35 in the 60ft. It averages 1.37-1.41 which is a whole lot better than it used to do. 60ft is VERY important when trying to ET. You don't need a whole lot more power but you do need alot of 60ft.

Depends alot on the dyno too. I have never used them myself, but have heard that a dynojet will give numbers quite a bit higher than a mustang dyno.

What weight & what dyno? That seems low on the horsepower unless the car is heavy or it was a mustang dyno.

John

What weight & what dyno? That seems low on the horsepower unless the car is heavy or it was a mustang dyno.

John

Results from October Dyno Session
Street Stuff
633 S. Addison
Addison Ill.
We had great weather for our fall session and great turnout. thanks for all that came out to see the demonstration of Buick performance

Owner . . . . . . . . . . . Car . . . . . . . . . . . HP . . . . . . . . . Torque
Jon Samuel . . . . . . . . Grey '68 w/455 . . . . 307.8 . . . . . . . 375
Jeremy Race . . . . . . .intercooled 85 GN . . .228 . . . . . . . . .631 (TV Cable trial proved to have false readings)
Loyd Bonecutter . . . . . Blue 86 V6 Regal . . . 387 . . . . . . . . .398
Bill Grupp . . . . . . . . . Green GS 455 . . . . . 365 . . . . . . . . .386
Paul Brelie . . . . . . . . . 86 GN . . . . . . . . . . 320 . . . . . . . . 349
Jason . . . . . . . . . . . . 85 GN. . . . . . . . . . .404 . . . . . . . . .413
Bob Ward . . . . . . . . . LC-2 Porsche . . . . . .309 . . . . . . . . . 400
Scott Pitts . . . . . . . . . 87 GN . . . . . . . . . .269 . . . . . . . . . 284
Dan Rocco . . . . . . . . . Blue 72 GS 455 . . . . 371.7 . . . . . . . 369
Steve PItts Jr . . . . . . .87 GN . . . . . . . . . . 542 . . . . . . . . . 480
Pete Van Tholen . . . . . Red 70 GS 455 4spd . 383 . . . . . . . . . 450
Steve Pitts Sr. . . . . . . 87 GN . . . . . . . . . . 606 . . . . . . . . . 584

We had a big surprise with Scott Pitts buying a great looking GN purchased the day before. Steve Dickerson was our only causality frying his ECM plugging his data logger in.

The staff at Street Stuff worked their butts off getting our cars through in record time. They did the driving due to insurance reasons inside the building as the dyno was off to one side. Definitely thinking about going back. For those with pristine seat covers you might want to bring some towels to cover them, but all that had their cars tested had no problem with the arrangement.

Vid...race vids :: SANY0027-2.flv video by Beth-Dana - Photobucket

I hope I don't come off wrong, but all that info doesn't answer either of my questions. I even watched the video.

LOL.... sorry(lazy copy and paste moment)! I couldn't tell you what type of dyno it was. That place closed down. Not big on how to identify dyno makes and models.:( I do like watching your vids though:biggrin: LOL

Depends alot on the dyno too. I have never used them myself, but have heard that a dynojet will give numbers quite a bit higher than a mustang dyno.

End of thread

you cant just say this much horsepower will get you 9s...
you can get in the 9's with 400 horsepower.. with a 1000 lb car.
:>
there are ALOT of factors involved.

ck