how much hp can i get with an intercooler

got an 84 gn and with bigger injectors, chip, bigger fuel pump, and was thinking of going with a intercooler and electric fan, i was just wondering how much hp can i gain what should it do in the 1/4 mile, is it worth putting an intercooler.everthing is stock by the way.

At same RPM/boost;
Depending on the IC, about 40-70 HP.
Electric fan is worth 10-40 HP

Worst case scenario, about +5 MPH in the 1/4.

thats a lot of horsepower, with changing to electric fan, and running an intercooler, hell i like the way the grand national runs right know, so with doing these mods, its like waking up that gn, thanks alot guys for the information, it comes handy, and the only thing left is getting that gn posi track, today i boost launch with the gn, and kept spinning the one tire, for almost a block, was neat though, thanks again

*Bump*

This thread still twerks my interest.

Anybody get any progress on this intercooler thing yet?

yea still waiting here, to hear if there is any progress on these kits, or not i might just mod it myself, does'nt really look to hard, just a little time consuming.

It coming along but slower then I thought!!

Its moving along guys but slower then I had thought it would. Work has picked up for me in the past few months so I am milking it for all its worth in these times. I hope you guys understand:rolleyes:

I got the parts from my brother after he fgot them done, I have some welding to do for the flanges and a few odds and ends, I will get some pics up real soon for you guys!!!

Thanks for your paitance:wink:

Take your time man. I can dig going after the $.

Just don't forget that we're here with $$$ to give you when you get those intercoolers finished up! :D

Just to add up interest on this, one of the sickest mods ever on mine was the spearco FMIC kit, the car felt as if It was on the bottle!!!

I'd love to see the kit and the DP that are being talked about, we all know these things take time, so lets keep our patience! Good luck!

I had ATR headers on mine...... I'd kill to have them back!!
Is there any possibility of a similar style of headers being made anytime soon? (I loved that the driver's exhaust met just at the up-pipe)

Do you have anymore adaptors? I have a spearco intercooler and I destroyed the adaptor when I had a blow by problem. It blew the adaptor right off the intake and bent the bracket. I was hoping there was an adaptor out there that had a thinner wall and A larger ID, which would allow more air flow.The current spearco adaptor has an ID of 2.00 and a .250 wall. Anyone with questions on spearco intercooler and relocating the throttle body, I can answer them - I've done this and then some

You an get up to 70HP by adding a intercooler to a hot air car. Outside temps do affect them somewhat. I am in the process of makeing intercooler kits for our Hot Airs. I see tons of people want them and a few companys stated there were going to start making them but I have yet to see anything. My family owns a machine shop so I can make the manifold adapters and all that. Is there any interest in them from you guys on here???
Definitly I'm interested in a kit. A bolt on at an affordable price

no time as of yet

I just started to build my gn. I bought a 1985 regal limited n decided to convert to a grand national so j bought an 85 gn engine, harness, sensors, n computer. So I heard that there was some one who was fab n ic kits bolt on n affordable. Now I know that I just started my project but everybody in here knows its heard to find a kit for 84/85 gn so needless to say I'm here n willing to hopefully get my hands on one of these kits.

I just started to build my gn. I bought a 1985 regal limited n decided to convert to a grand national so j bought an 85 gn engine, harness, sensors, n computer. So I heard that there was some one who was fab n ic kits bolt on n affordable. Now I know that I just started my project but everybody in here knows its heard to find a kit for 84/85 gn so needless to say I'm here n willing to hopefully get my hands on one of these kits.

I have been around here for years and only saw two Spearco intercoolers(for a hot air) for sale. My advice is make your own or convert to the 86/87. I went the other way and did Alky Injection. It all depends on your goals. Good luck- Brad

well iv'e seen pictures of people converting there hotair's with different setups, home made, and sperco, but would'nt be easier just to get a 86/87 intercooler, clock the turbo and run the pipes that way, and what would you need, beside a chip,injectors bigger fuel pump and adjustable regulator, and can you just run that setup with not doing much of anything else, and would there be any benfit, into doing that.

I have been around here for years and only saw two Spearco intercoolers(for a hot air) for sale.

Yippie...then I bought one of them, man they are hard to find..still sittin in the trunk, car has a bad tranny and got no money to fix just yet...ohhhhhh cant wait!