How much for an 84GN?

84GNv6

How much do you think I can get for my stock 84 gn? It has minimal rust at the bottom corners of the doors. Just about to hit 100,000k miles. Interior is clean. What would be a good asking price? Here's a pic.

Attachments

• SSPX0325.jpg
    SSPX0325.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 534
The car looks very clean from the photos (more would help) I feel the offer of $4,000 is a joke. I see parts cars going for $3,500. You may want take photos of the rust on the doors, or have it repaired. If the engine and trans is sound, and the interior is in good shape. I don't see why you can't.

2cents

IMPO the 84 gn should be a collectible with its low numbers made compared to 86-87.i,ll take the 84 interior any day!!Do a search c what these
seats are going for,Do not let it go for 4k!! My 2 cents(love my 84) A.J.:biggrin:

If the car is in good condition in and out then it's worth around $8000
IMO

Best thing to do is make an actuall "For Sale" ad in this section for the price you want to get for it. If it doesnt sell, drop the price and continue to do so until someone bites on it. Heck start it off at $20K, who knows. I personally dont think it's worth anywhere near $8k. Theres a silver 87 T with 63K miles on it right now in the For Sale section that has a few goodies added onto it, new paint, perfect grey interior for $7K and it still hasnt sold. He sarted his price out at $7500 and has been on the board for a few weeks now. BUT, you never know. Maybe someone has a couple spare rust free doors, a paint booth, and the materials and can make your car perfect for low cost.

If the doors is the only problem and the rest is in VERY nice shape, I would say 5k. I'm just going off what I've seen for prices recently. What do I know, I just look at pics of these cars;) I had the chance to get a VERY nice 84 for 4k in Kansas, but that was almost 4 years ago. It had new paint and had the ENTIRE interior refinished, along with GNX style wheels, and stock rebuild engine. Wife didn't want me to settle for a hot air. So I bought a rusty beer can. Shoulda bought the damn thing anyway:rolleyes:

You can start there. But if I wanted some good money out of it I would fix up the doors and other discrepencies and repaint the whole car

The car looks very clean from the photos (more would help) I feel the offer of $4,000 is a joke. I see parts cars going for $3,500. You may want take photos of the rust on the doors, or have it repaired. If the engine and trans is sound, and the interior is in good shape. I don't see why you can't.

I agree, $4,000 is a joke. I have been offered junk trades for my '86 and b.s. offers soo far.

I agree, $4,000 is a joke. I have been offered junk trades for my '86 and b.s. offers soo far.

You need to understand there is a huge difference between an 85 and an 86. HUGE DIFFERENCE. A hot air car wont bring anything compared to an innercooled car. Problem is right now, nice innercooled cars like the 87 t with 63K miles, new paint are selling for $7k asking price.

Like I said before. Best thing to do is start a new thread asking a particular price and see how long it takes to sell it. As times goes by, drop the price until you get someone to bite on it. Anyone can tell you your car is worth super high dollar and "I wouldnt take less than $50k for it" but until they offer up the money for it, fact is, you still have the car and it's not sold.

You need to understand there is a huge difference between an 85 and an 86. HUGE DIFFERENCE. A hot air car wont bring anything compared to an innercooled car. Problem is right now, nice innercooled cars like the 87 t with 63K miles, new paint are selling for $7k asking price.

Like I said before. Best thing to do is start a new thread asking a particular price and see how long it takes to sell it. As times goes by, drop the price until you get someone to bite on it. Anyone can tell you your car is worth super high dollar and "I wouldnt take less than $50k for it" but until they offer up the money for it, fact is, you still have the car and it's not sold.

Thanks for your reply, but I've been dealing with gn's for quite some time and don't need to be schooled. Reason I priced mine at 8 g's is because I got bored of it and want something a little different.

Not much to go on other than the missing hub caps.

I say 5K is a fair price..

I paid 3K for mine but it had issues and that was 14 years ago..