How many WE-4s are left?

Mine is a WE4 WO2, owned it since 1988.
Has over 100k miles now and still running strong.

This is my first attempt to post a pic, sorry if it doesn't work...

Attachments

• IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 231
i have picked up one w/astroroof & basic options, but it is rough and might get knocked in the head :confused:

I'd say there's around 900 left or so. Why? Cuz noone but us here cares about these cars. To everyone else, they're fuel injected 6 bangers, and noone wants to deal with that. Most of the time, these cars get their blown headgasket havin engines yanked, and 350 chevys installed. Then, when the moron rear ends someone, they install chrome bumpers on it. And thats the beginning of the end for most turbo buicks... Ive seen it way more than you think. Pretty much every day in fact.

I've got a W02/WE4 tucked in the back corner of my shop. Maybe one of these days I will start putting it back together....

I have 2 hardtop WE4's. Both are crank windows, manual seats, man. antennas. One has no rear def, manual RH mirror, no tilt wheel, no int wipers, but has a block heater and posi. The other car came with no G80, but has digital dash and HD battery and alum drums.

Jim Turner

There are 4 local to me:

Mine - 20,800 miles - Hardtop - Power everything but seats, Concert Sound II w/graphic EQ radio, cruise, twilight sentinel, original tires on original wheels w/3000 miles on them, remote windows, lighted vanity mirror, reading lamps, G80, and probably more I'm forgetting.

My Brother - 26,200 miles - Manual everything, but electric rear defrost, cruise, and power antenna, & AM/FM cassette - hardtop

Friend - 24,000 - Not sure on options, but has quite a few - hardtop

Friend - 60,000 - Not sure on options, but has basic power group options. - hardtop

All four are in exceptional shape.

I've tried to attach pics of mine. Maybe it'll work!

Attachments

• IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Modded RPO.jpg
    Modded RPO.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 180
I still love the grey interior of the WE4's ... I was never a big Black carpet guy ;)

As far as the WE4 registry there were only a hundered or so listings in it. I sold my car back when I bought my first house 3 some years ago.

I saw that GMP made a WE4 model and I've been meaning to snatch one up. Also one day if I can find a bone stock low mileage WE4 I'd problably pick it up. I think they might be harder to find than a GNX in the same condition - but would be a little more affordable.

John did you save the registry or is it gone? I may take you up on your offer to buy it ;)

There is one on Autotrader. It's been there a while and I know nothing about it other than it says it's a moonroof WE4.

Search used, anywhere, Buick, Grand National and Regal, 1987 to 1987 and you should find it.

There is one on Autotrader. It's been there a while and I know nothing about it other than it says it's a moonroof WE4.

Search used, anywhere, Buick, Grand National and Regal, 1987 to 1987 and you should find it.

I really appreciate it! do youremember the price range to make it easier?

There is suppose to be about 300 of the chrome bumper units made before the we-4 went into production in 87. I have 1 here with the split bench option.It was ordered that way.Being restored.

3 other we-4's here besides that 1. 1 for sale & 2 I'm keeping.

I also have a customers we-4 with t-tops we are repairing & restoring.

When the we-4 registry was active I had 3 listed & 2 others I didn't.
I've owned about 15 we-4's only parted 1.
Shane Grimsley has 1 of my old we-4's as well.

I was just wondering what my car falls under, being that it's an 1986. I'm assuming it's just a regular T-Type with black paint and chrome bumpers. Any info would be appreciated. Kirban told me it was rare, but how rare? Not sure if the 300 mentioned above was for 86 or 87.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 100_1246.jpg
    100_1246.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_1729.jpg
    100_1729.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 124
What would you refer to mine as?

I don't have the WE-4 on my RPO sticker nor do I have the WE-2.

I do have the Y56 package, I have the LC2 code as well.

According to gnttype.org a WE4 is a Turbo T, then besides the GN and GNX you have the base Regal (don't think mine's a base) and the Regal limited. (don't think mine's a limited either).

So what does that make mine fall under?

Lowest Mile We4 Out There?

i rememer seeing a 2000 mile we4 years ago...but how about today?? i bought mine in 1997 with 2495 and now has 4850 miles:) anyone lower?