How many WE-4s are left?

there are 3 here in my town all hard tops .i own 1 another was a 60,000 mile car that a garage roof fell in on and blew out all the windows it was repaired and looked great. the third car i saw at the gas station 3 years ago he told me he bought it new and had about 120,000 miles.mine has 80,000 miles i got it from the original owner last year.there is also a we 4 t top car that races at my local track lebanon valley dragway. there is also another guy that has a we4 i believe his name is jack who also races at LVD he has a hardtop his car runs 11.70 .that makes 5 i know about. all the ones i have seen had grey interior did they all have grey interior? my we4 is in the right side of my avatar.

So since it looks like the experts are here, can someone look at my RPO sticker and tell me what my car looked like when it was built. There are not any W codes on this car:confused:

Also, a picture of what it looked like when I bought it.

Thanks,

Rich

Looks like you have a black chrome bumper car there. Also chrome grille and headlamp bezels along with all of the other chrome goodies. A base Regal, painted black with a turbo engine.Gray bucket seat interior.

Looks like you have a black chrome bumper car there. Also chrome grille and headlamp bezels along with all of the other chrome goodies. A base Regal, painted black with a turbo engine.Gray bucket seat interior.

Thanks! At least now I know. Wierd that someone would take the time and expense to blacken everything out on it. Aluminum bumpers (VD06 and VD07)were chrome? So I'm not part of the 1547 club, but of the 5000 club. I wonder what it would look like taken back to the stock look?

Rich

So where's our "registry" The way it sounds there is a good amount of these left and maybe we can get people to put them up. By the way a black regal with chrome would be cool, and even cooler with the turbo, wish mine was like that.

heres a pic of my freind's we4,and his black t with chrome bumpers and my methanol car.sorry dark cell phone pic.2 gn's will be here tomorrow for alittle fun,going to take a pic with a real camera ;)

Attachments

• 06-15-07_0840.jpg
    06-15-07_0840.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 278
More we4 info. You could not order the car with floor mats. It thru the weight of the car over the CAFE standard. They had to keep the weight on the we4 down.

David

More we4 info. You could not order the car with floor mats. It thru the weight of the car over the CAFE standard. They had to keep the weight on the we4 down.

David

you sure?mine has power antenna,power locks,power windows concert sound,rear defrost and i think power trunk and g80 posi and tilt and bucket seats .all of these things to some degree add weight.

You could get those options. (remember we are dealing with the govt. and GM here, it doesn't have to make sense). When I ordered mine in 87 we tried about 4 or 5 times to send the order thru, with the floor mats. The order would not go through.

We went to the parts counter and ask if we could order them there. We told the parts manager what was going about being kicked out, thinking they may be on back order. He look them up and said they could get them. I order the car without the mats, and order them from the parts dept. when the car came in.

About two years later I was at the same dealership and a guy ask if I had bought the car there and I told him yes, he ask if I was the one that order the floor mats, and I told him I was. He told me after I left he thought some thing was funny about the fact he could get the mats, but that we could order them from the factory. He called the zone office and that is what they told him.

We discussed this a few years back on here and of all the we4 on the board no one (that I remember got them from the factory). The best we could tell then was they were ordered by dealers after the cars came in.

Working on one. Most would part it and junk it but i'm destined to attempt to save it. It's in bad shape. Doesn't run. Body beat up. But does have astroroof. Trying to go there today and purchase it.

David

My car did not come with floor mats and I bought a set of them from the parts dept. after I bought my car.

Another one here to.
Pw pdl tilt cruise remote mirrors hardtop original RPO sticker on the decklid

No power seat, no trunk release, fixed mast antennae

BW

Attachments

• 100_1077 (Small).jpg
    100_1077 (Small).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 242
I forgot to add, TurboAndy. He has a nice WE-4 sitting right across the street from me. The car is the last car on the right in our calendar pic from a couple of years ago!

This pic has 2 WE-4's. Mine is on the left, his on the right!

Attachments

• vhouse.jpg
    vhouse.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 241
I already posted

but thought a pic was waranted.

Attachments

• MVC-001F.jpg
    MVC-001F.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 243
We4

I have one, 1987 pwr windows, posi, hard top, gnx look alike wheels (ARE), 145 speedo upgrade, etc, speedo says 45,000?
bob

Theres one in my garage,it does not belong to me.1987 WE4 with 78,000 miles.This is the only pic i have of it.

DSC00040.JPG