How Many "Limited" Owners Out There?

Grey leather interior:cool:

are limiteds the only ones with leather orig?

Attachments

• 2651.jpg
    2651.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC02231.jpg
    DSC02231.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 392
I like TR Limiteds

are limiteds the only ones with leather orig?

There were 1035 Turbo Regal Limiteds produced in 1987 only. Leather seating was not standard and is actually a rare opption. The Limited has it's own special VIN with an M as the 5th digit instead of a J. The pillow cushion seat backs, upscale interior door panels, plusher carpet and the back lit, above the glove box dash panel are a few cues to it's more luxurious nature. TR Limiteds could be had with the black trim instead of the bright. The only rarer Injected TR is the GNX. Mine is black with bright trim, has leather and Astro-Roof, stage 2 eng with a 4L80-E trans and Ford nine rear, yet is not very agressive appearing, even under the hood. Some effort was was expended trying to accomplish this.

Does anyone have production numbers on halfroofs?

My 87 has all the chrome and halfroof like a limited but its not.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 317
...plusher carpet and the back lit, above the glove box dash panel are a few cues to it's more luxurious nature....

I wasn't aware of the back lighting above the glove box. Mine doesn't seem to be working. Is there a simple light bulb that needs to be located & replaced? If so, where is this bulb?

My Limited was completely stock except the P/O added a GN spoiler on the trunk lid, lowered the car & added 17" wheels. I kind of figured that the spoiler being added was enough to give me the freedom to mod the car vs. trying to maintain it stock for resale value.

Thank you
~JM~

Mine has a fair amount of mods thanks to the previous owner. I wish he would have kept her white instead of painting her black. I plan to put a stock headliner with the upper console in there some day. I've altered the badging as well by putting the (incorrect) black-bordered turbo badge on the left side of the trunk lid and not reapplying the same badges on the hood. I like the clean look to my hood because my fenders look a little "busy" to me what with the T badges and the cornering lights and all.
P.S. Great pics you guys! Some absolutely beautiful machines pictured here! Gives me plenty of motivation to get my baby back to cherry!

Limited TR, Lighted dash above glove box

I wasn't aware of the back lighting above the glove box. Mine doesn't seem to be working. Is there a simple light bulb that needs to be located & replaced? If so, where is this bulb?

My Limited was completely stock except the P/O added a GN spoiler on the trunk lid, lowered the car & added 17" wheels. I kind of figured that the spoiler being added was enough to give me the freedom to mod the car vs. trying to maintain it stock for resale value.

Thank you
~JM~

I can't tell you what bulb it takes or how to change it out. I can tell you that the panel illuminates the script "BUICK" and "Regal Limited" below it in the lower right hand corner of the panel along with the outline surrond stripe in a light blue. This will dim and brighten along with the dash panel lights, controlled by the dash dimmer roll thumb wheel at the light control switch. This dimmer also controls the speed and volume of the door open chime in mine. The access is most likely by swinging the glove box open all the way. Just depress the U shaped spring stop the holds the box from opening further than the standard access range.

I like all turbo Buicks but the Limited is starting to be my pick. I do miss the bucket seats.

The TR Limited leather seating option has bucket seats, (Kind of). They are referred to as 45/45 with a mini consol. I believe the bench seats are 60/40, with an arm rest. The mini consol with the leather seats does not hold the shifter. All Limiteds had a column shifter. The bright trim is not chrome but polished stainless. There were trim options for Regals that offered the upscale "Bright" trim. This trim could be had on a non "Limited" Regal. One of the unique peices of this special trim package was the wide rocker molding, another identifier was the square emblem with the diagonal slash across from corner to corner. Small chrome emblem aprox 2 in with blue outline striping. I believe Limiteds may have also had additional undercoating applied for sound deadening. With the extra stuff on these cars they were understandably heavier. Probably not the best candidate for a race car.

Thanks Tom, I'll look into it now that I know what it's supposed to do.

There are some great looking Limiteds in this post. I need to take some good pics of mine.

~JM~

TR Limiteds, rarity and price

Years ago I had a conversation with Dennis Kirban about TR Limiteds. He was inquiring about mine to find out some specs on badge palcement, as he knew I had a fairly Low mile and likely unmolested one. He mentioned the possibility of the color being a significant factor in rarity. He thought the yellow ones were extremely rare. He mentioned the possibility that black TRs were not produced at the same time as the WE-4. Making the black 87 TRs somewhat rare. He also stated that even though the "Astro-Roof" is a seldom seen option, he thought the leather seating might be as or even rarer, and might be easier to research. I believe he mentioned that the production numbers for these options might include NA Limiteds as well. He suspected that Canada may have been the reciepient of a disportional amount of these models. He suggested that the options codes on the inside of the trunk lid might be a place to start for comparison. I talked to Rich Lasseter about my Limited, after he had published mention of the most optioned GN in the G.S.E.X. (That one had an "Astro-Roof".) I believe the sticker price was around 19,240 (aprox). My original sticker was 19,150 including a 200 "Value Package" credit. So that particular GN was a more expensive car. I mentioned the fact that my car didn't have power seats. He said it was common to not have power seats packaged with the "Astro-Roof" due to headroom considerations. I would be interested to hear from other Limited owners about their orig sticker price as well as options and colors.

Here is mine. I have not seen another Limited in this color. I know of some two tone cars that are gold and brown.

MyLimited.jpg

Take a look back in time to see some very-stock T's:

[video=youtube;YHg3Q6d3Ngs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHg3Q6d3Ngs[/video]

189735_5591745459_601630459_110421_992_n.jpg190627_5591750459_601630459_110420_7930_n.jpg Those rims are gone, back to the stock with quicktime pro's on the back. You will notice as you start modifying your limited how fun it is killing other cars at the dragstrip and stoplights . The whole sleeper grandpa car thing makes you want to make the exterior and interior stay stock but mod the engine for peoples WTF reactions, its worth every penny. They assume that if its not black its not fast. LOL

View attachment 151742View attachment 151743 Those rims are gone, back to the stock with quicktime pro's on the back. You will notice as you start modifying your limited how fun it is killing other cars at the dragstrip and stoplights . The whole sleeper grandpa car thing makes you want to make the exterior and interior stay stock but mod the engine for peoples WTF reactions, its worth every penny. They assume that if its not black its not fast. LOL

Good point. Unfortunately I didn't take my time and bought an 86 GN. I didn't realize that they made other Buick Regals with the same powertrain. Had I known, I might have waited a while until I stumbled upon an 87 Limited that I liked. I really like the signal light on the lower front quarter panels and the limo lights. That is what makes these particular turbo Regals real sleepers.

Here is mine. I have not seen another Limited in this color. I know of some two tone cars that are gold and brown.

MyLimited.jpg

You know of some 2 tone brown and gold Limiteds that are factory turbo cars? Do tell about these examples that you know of.. pics?? I know of 1 and 1 only..