How fast have you been?

Taffy

We shut down at 150 on our closed circuit that we owned. That means it was totally legal and not against the law in any way shape or form.:D

All I can say is ****. We were at 150 in 5th gear in my homie's 240sx (290 horsepower at the wheels) and it had plenty to go. I am not going to hypothesiz what else it had, but I would not doubt 160. Remember kids, we have a private closed course that we have full insurance and no other cars on that we ran the 150 on.

The Supra guys that run it to 180, I have no doubt about. With 800 at the wheels, I am sure that 200 is no problem.

Man, the BS is getting deep in here. Better get the hip waders up in here. Take care and stay safe!:)

We hit 165.1 on the GPS during the John Foster West Texas Open Road Race and averaged 135.105 Mph for 98 miles to win the 135 mph class in our 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix. Next year we are going to enter the 145 mph class.

Our Tech speed is 165 so i would NEVER go faster than that ;)

Not disputing the fact that you were going very fast, factory speedometers are known for their inaccuracy as speeds increase though.

Another thing, I hope you have some special insurance because the typical auto insurance policy does not cover any sort of racing, display of speed, etc.

Be safe out there, things can go wrong VERY quickly at those speeds.

Mark F. 87 GN 11.9 @ 115

Not sure, my digital dash keeps blinking when I hit 199mph. I have to get Caspers to reset it to 300mph;)

I know that factory speedos are off..with that said:

My old 98 6speed LS1 Z28 (modded)---pegged at 160 once and it took a second to come back off the peg---actual speed???

My 99 GSXR---haha I've had that thing past redline in 6th gear several times..gets there in about 30 seconds..it's pretty modded tho..never been beaten by ANY 600 before..

When it was stock, I had it saying 175 once..although bike speedo's are not very accurate up high...

The Buick??!! Screw that, this thing is scary...;)

Do a search, there are several posts about fastest speed in the Buicks.

I swear one of these days I'm going to rent something that can just go all out and let her rip on the Autobahn! Somewhat safe... PERFECTLY LEGAL!

Originally posted by fitz3820
Not disputing the fact that you were going very fast, factory speedometers are known for their inaccuracy as speeds increase though.

Another thing, I hope you have some special insurance because the typical auto insurance policy does not cover any sort of racing, display of speed, etc.

Be safe out there, things can go wrong VERY quickly at those speeds.

Mark F. 87 GN 11.9 @ 115

We make a 180MPH speedo for the 89-94 Nissan 240sx. We have is calibrated all the way to 180. The speedo guy that calibrates it for us ran the car to verify the accuracy on his rollers. I can not remember how fast he got it up to. I think it was only 100. We put the car up on our lift and ran throught the gears. We calculated what the speed should be at each 500 RPM increment in 5th gear. It was off by less than 3 MPH all the way to 180. I was impressed.

You are right, things can go wrong at those speeds. We will take is easy now.

Take care.:)

Is that with an SR20 DET or with the stock KA24? Just curious. I haven't seen anybody really get the KA pushing out good numbers. My friend used to have a 96 with the KA, it ran pretty good with just a cat back and intake. Those cars handle a lot better than a TR. Also does your friend have any 1/4 mile times. I have another friend that has a 89 with an SR20. He has a lot of stuff done to it ( FMIC, full exhaust, adjustable wastegate, suspension work, etc.) He has ran a best time of 13.3.

Fastest I have been is 174 police radar verified mph on an old modified 1987 FZR1000. This was back in 1990 or so. Havent been close to that speed since :)

I have the 145 speedo adapter. Not sure how much inaccuracy is involved with it, but had the needle past 145 mph in the GN. I felt the steering wheel get extremely light and let off. Wow, didn't realize how much air was underneath the damn car. It took a little while of decelerating for the front end lift to come down.

I know it was stupid. I did this years ago. Someone was on my side that day.

182.50 in the Opel.

Of course that was only in the 1/4 mile. Don't know if I have the set of nuts to take it out to Bonneville with a set of highway gears.

Had my Z06 up to 160. A little bigger road I suspect it would do 175.

Just havin fun.

never driven my GN, but in my mom's old 93 lexus es300 totally stock except for a K&N pancake filter had it up to 125 maybe 130 on the freeway with noone around late at night.

Originally posted by 87boosted6
never driven my GN, but in my mom's old 93 lexus es300 totally stock except for a K&N pancake filter had it up to 125 maybe 130 on the freeway with noone around late at night.

Please don't take this as a flame but I've done that speed all the way to Berlin (400km) in a Turbo Diesel Golf wagon!! :eek:

Actually, very stable and comfortable.

I can't remember where the article is, (I'll have to find it) but one of the car mags did a story about how accurate or inaccurate speedos are. To my surprise, they said GMs were some of the most accurate amongst foreign and domestic makes. Actually the European and Japanese offerings were further optimistic, but they explain this also has to do with the law. The law says as speedo must be accurate to a certain amount under or a certain amount over in the US. While in Europe, the speedo can be a certain amount optimistic but NOT pessamistic at all!!!! In other words, the speedo can be saying you're doing more then you are... but NOT less.