How did you get to mid-low 11s?

The 60lb Siemens from Full Throttle Speed. I don't have my other notebook with me with all my PowerLogger files but duty cycle is about 60%. At the back end of the run, narrowband is about 790, wideband 10.9-11.0. No knock.

If we assume you are converting all of that 93 octane into mechanical energy, which might not be the case, that much pump gas at a .65 BSFC only comes out to around 330-FWHP at 60% DC, and that's if it's all being used. But then we would also need to factor the alky injection into the equation. I think your timing is holding you back, possibly a tad on the conservative side in the chip you're running...

If we assume you are converting all of that 93 octane into mechanical energy, which might not be the case, that much pump gas at a .65 BSFC only comes out to around 330-FWHP at 60% DC, and that's if it's all being used. But then we would also need to factor the alky injection into the equation. I think your timing is holding you back, possibly a tad on the conservative side in the chip you're running...

OK got my other computer and looked at the last PL log, I was way off on that sorry. Duty cycle is 65 at 4800rpm and climbs to about 71 at 5500rpm.

OK got my other computer and looked at the last PL log, I was way off on that sorry. Duty cycle is 65 at 4800rpm and climbs to about 71 at 5500rpm.

That's about 400-FWHP on the 93 octane. Which nozzle are you running on the alky, the M15?

On the 2-3 shift where does RPM drop back too? How high does it climb?

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

On the 2-3 shift where does RPM drop back too? How high does it climb?

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Top of second is 5550, shift to 3rd brings it down to 4850, then back up to about 5500 at finish line. Trans is built big time, no slip.

Is that stock maf going all the way to 255?
Fuel filter new? Pressure good in third gear at wot? Idle pressure set with vac hose off per chip instructions?
Is it shifting into od?
Is the front coming up then going down and unloading the rear tires and they spin?
Might be a little fat(rich) with all the alchy and only 25psi of boost.
I'd definitely look for more timing in first.
But with it spinning , I would get that under control. first

Is that stock maf going all the way to 255?
Fuel filter new? Pressure good in third gear at wot? Idle pressure set with vac hose off per chip instructions?
Is it shifting into od?
Is the front coming up then going down and unloading the rear tires and they spin?
Might be a little fat(rich) with all the alchy and only 25psi of boost.
I'd definitely look for more timing in first.
But with it spinning , I would get that under control. first

Yes.
Yes.
Never did the tape fuel pressure gauge to hood thing but A/F and narrowband readings all good.
Yes, 43lbs line off.
No, tried that a couple of times though with no help.
I don't think so.

Thanks TexasT. Will try a little more 3rd gear timing this summer and log a bunch of runs to post here. I only have one saved run I logged from last year for some reason and I have to keep better notes with them.

I have gauges for the boost, and wideband A/F but haven't wired them up to the PL yet either. Gotta get on that.

Top of second is 5550, shift to 3rd brings it down to 4850, then back up to about 5500 at finish line. Trans is built big time, no slip.

I'm not an expert, and i never ran a 49. But that sounds like its not tight enough for an opened longblock. Ideally you wouldn't spin over 5200. Still have the stock converter? I bet you go faster with it.

I'm not an expert, and i never ran a 49. But that sounds like its not tight enough for an opened longblock. Ideally you wouldn't spin over 5200. Still have the stock converter? I bet you go faster with it.

No, didn't keep it. Should have.

So too loose huh? Damn, I had an ex like that.

No, didn't keep it. Should have.

So too loose huh? Damn, I had an ex like that.

In my opinion....it's too loose / inefficient up top. Maybe I'm wrong.

What exhaust housing is on that turbo? I really thinking it or the converter is holding you back. That being said, by converter is loose as hell and I get really good mph for my combo. Something is really off with your car. 111 is pretty slow at the top end for what you have. My tune is very conservative. I run 91 and alky. I have a LS1 MAF and a gen 2 translator, so I have some good adjustment. My timing is backed off to 21 / 19 due to the piss gas here and AFR is at 10.9-11.0:1. Flat tappet cam too. 120+ is no problem at 22-23psi with a good DA and shifting in drive (5600 RPM).

What exhaust housing is on that turbo? I really thinking it or the converter is holding you back. That being said, by converter is loose as hell and I get really good mph for my combo. Something is really off with your car. 111 is pretty slow at the top end for what you have. My tune is very conservative. I run 91 and alky. I have a LS1 MAF and a gen 2 translator, so I have some good adjustment. My timing is backed off to 21 / 19 due to the piss gas here and AFR is at 10.9-11.0:1. Flat tappet cam too. 120+ is no problem at 22-23psi with a good DA and shifting in drive (5600 RPM).
Unopened longblock, untouched heads and cam? 120+ @ 22-23 psi is hard to imagine on an unopened longblock.

I would have to go take the heat shield off and look. I purchased it from Kirbans, the description doesn't say if it's the Garret or not, but I think it is.
http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/155/LIMIT+ENGINEERING+INC.+UPGRADED+TA-49+TURBO+#6849.html

Do you have a time slip?
How many mph is the eighth mile?
How much is it picking up in the second half of the track?
How old is the pump? What pump is it?
It is looking like a real loose converter and not coupling up on the top of the track to me if the pump is supplying the fuel.

Yes. First gear is only a problem so far as I have some traction issues. I usually run my BFG 275/60 drag radials at the track rather than the Nittos in my sig. Even with a really good launch, I end up breaking traction for an instant right about 60 ft. Of course the fact that I have zero suspension upgrades and my body mount bushing are shot may have something to do with it. That's my next project.

My MPH always sucked though, I don't gain much at the big end, although it pulls hard and steady throughout the run. I've ruled out the usual culprits that I've read about here, and locking didn't help much.

Is the TA49 and Dutt neck stock IC holding me back on the horse power/MPH that much? I got them years ago before I broke the stock unopened long block. Seems I've read many others that have managed way higher MPH in the 1/4 with a TA49 though.
At 25 psi with heads and cam you should be running mid 11s already at 118mph and high 1.5/1.6 60fts with the right converter good tire around 10.5 inch contact patch and leaving on boost hooking the car.

5500 in 3rd at 110/112mph means you are blowing right through the converter.

Unopened longblock, untouched heads and cam? 120+ @ 22-23 psi is hard to imagine on an unopened longblock.

Check my sig. Champion irons, 212 / 212 flat tappet cam, forged pistons. Very similar to the OP.

Also, the 1/4 mile time in my sig is from before I went to an LS1 MAF and Gen 2 Translator. Now I pull 118 on a bad day. My point is that his MPH is really low considering he has a very similar build to me. I have a precision housing on my 44, and I know it makes a decent difference with a cam / heads / converter. Back when my motor was stock, it had a hard time spooling with this housing on the stock converter.

Also I lock my converter at WOT. HUGE difference.I lock it around 92mph I believe. I used to lock at 88mph, because on the street, when my car hit 88mph, you were going to see some serious shit!

Check my sig. Champion irons, 212 / 212 flat tappet cam, forged pistons. Very similar to the OP.

Also, the 1/4 mile time in my sig is from before I went to an LS1 MAF and Gen 2 Translator. Now I pull 118 on a bad day. My point is that his MPH is really low considering he has a very similar build to me. I have a precision housing on my 44, and I know it makes a decent difference with a cam / heads / converter. Back when my motor was stock, it had a hard time spooling with this housing on the stock converter.
Sorry cant see sigs with tapatalk. I hate that. I assumed the OP was still a stock longblock.