Hot Rod Sun - Moroso Feb

Y

yosshimura

Hot Rod Sun in Feb ....would be interesting if some more BUicks show up. Last time I was there, it was my Buick, a freind's GNX, another freind's T type, a blue t type, and 1 other Buick. That's it.

ALthough I am suggesting to show up for the car show, I am not sure if I will be able to make it this year..... If I find a trailer to trailer the GN up, I will be there, if not, I will go GN-less :D

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/yosshimura/

I will be there. I will also be at the Outlaw day, again. Too bad there aren't more street racers with TR's.

Originally posted by HighPSI
I will be there. I will also be at the Outlaw day, again. Too bad there aren't more street racers with TR's.

Cal, u have a private message. :cool:

Shoebox

Really:confused: Ill send u an email when i get out of the office, if you still haven't received it.

shoebox

Hmmm, you FL guys keep me updated on the date and I'll see about bringing both GNs down. The 86 will still be kinda slow but need to do some tweaking on the 87..... An 11.44@117 at 20# just ain't enough....:D :D

I got the event and dates wrong... Just got my Reaction Times.

I am pissed!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: The former Hot Rod Power Fest is no longer... Now it is NMCA(national muscel car association - crap) Power Festival...but they set up the emblem just like the Power Fest...that's trying to trick the consumer (US!) .

Look at your Reaction Times and look at the resemblence.. Similar to what they did about 8-10 yrs ago when Super Chevy said bye bye and Moroso did their own Chevy thing.

Anyway.....the dates, the correct events and dates are as follows:

Hot Rod Sunday = Jan 27, Sun
and that NMCA stuff just looks like racing and no car show deal. Its date = Feb 23-24

Bottom line to meet up there and do the car show thing and/or the races, I would obviously say Hot Rod Sunday.

Originally posted by jsta6

I have been to the last two chevy sundays, what is the hot rod sunday? Site doesn't say.
[/B]

Shawn-
Hot Rod Sunday is 1/4 mile racing, a decent car show with many classes & trophies and a vendors midway (kinda small) and a swap meet and car corral. Moroso has this twice a year usually the 1st Sun. in Feb. and then same in Aug. Not too bad of a show and it is somewhat local, plus you get to see some racing.
Regards,
Jeff

track is closed...

Thanks.

Jeff, are you going to hot rod sunday? Maybe the group that is going to towers on Friday the 25th (up to eight guys now) can do the hot rod sunday also.

Don't forget the 1/4 mile track is closed throuth mid february...

Re: track is closed...

Originally posted by jsta6
Thanks.

Jeff, are you going to hot rod sunday? Maybe the group that is going to towers on Friday the 25th (up to eight guys now) can do the hot rod sunday also.

Don't forget the 1/4 mile track is closed throuth mid february...

I would like to go, but you are right, the strip is closed. Hard to believe they would do a Hot Rod Sunday with the track closed, that is a 1st. Maybe we can call Moroso just to make sure they haven't postponed the date... I would be in if we deceide to meet there (once we confirm) though.
Later,
Jeff

If the track is closed, no sence going for 1/2 an event.

I wonder if they have anything in Reaction TImes, I will read it later. I don't think the ad will say "Hot Rod Sunday.....no race track" :)

Just called Moroso...

Originally posted by yosshimura
If the track is closed, no sence going for 1/2 an event.

I wonder if they have anything in Reaction TImes, I will read it later. I don't think the ad will say "Hot Rod Sunday.....no race track" :)

I just called Moroso (spoke to a Melonie) and they said Hot Rod Sunday will happen even though the 1/4 mile will be closed.
Later,
Jeff

Oh I just thought of something.... since they are having 1/2 an event, they will probably charge 1/2 the entry fee :D

I just saw Reaction TIme, there is no mention of 1/4 racing so they did advertise it correctly