HOT ROD Power Tour 2010 IA to AL

Thankyou Turbo Buick guys....!

Thanks you all SO much for your help. Bishir came to hotel with module tester and a spare ignition module. That was the culprit and the Gray T is running again. Leaving Carbondale soon.....see you all in BG.

philthy

Made it home same without any real troubles in AustinIBEW145's car. Drove from home to Newton and followed the Tour to Duquoin and back home. Only real problems this year were the rear brake lines blowing out which wasnt that big of a deal becuase the Hydroboost has two seperate reseviours so we still had front brakes. Then we had the EPIC failure on the way back home when Austin busted his rear view mirror off!:biggrin:

Car ran strong the whole way. Wasnt too hard to find E85 either. Now it's time to pull the motor and trans for freshening, body bushings and new brake lines! I just hope i get to work on my own car one of these days!!

----Jeremy

Made it home same without any real troubles in AustinIBEW145's car. Drove from home to Newton and followed the Tour to Duquoin and back home. Only real problems this year were the rear brake lines blowing out which wasnt that big of a deal becuase the Hydroboost has two seperate reseviours so we still had front brakes. Then we had the EPIC failure on the way back home when Austin busted his rear view mirror off!:biggrin:

Car ran strong the whole way. Wasnt too hard to find E85 either. Now it's time to pull the motor and trans for freshening, body bushings and new brake lines! I just hope i get to work on my own car one of these days!!

----Jeremy

Hell dude if you guys are gonna do all that, just as well have rockers done on it while the body is up. So what did he throw at the mirror to break it off?;)

We just got home from the Power Tour in my 67 Firebird/LC2 Hybrid. We made it to Springfield IL and Du Qouin and then we drove down with the Tour into Ky today then headed back to the house. We didn't have any problem even though I was pretty worried since I got the car together Sunday morning at 3:00 am then we headed out at 6:00 am after a 2 hour nap! One of the Hot Rod editors took some pics of the car and posted them on Hotrod.com under the Day 3 of the Power Tour coverage. He said that there had been some discussion at Hot Rod to swap a Lc2 into and earlier car and first gen Firebird was one of the options they had considered.

2010 Hot Rod Power Tour Dates and Cities Announced

I got a chance to meet a few guys from the board and it was nice to put some faces with user names. Where I live the Turbo Buick community basically consists of...well, me:p so its nice to meet some other turbo Buick guys.

We drive the route and got a late start today helping Phil. Didn't get a chance to see the bird but did meet some cool Buick guys at beechbend.

I got the Buick all back together and my tranny builder and I took it out today. The car actually has a nice, firm 1-2 shift and is locking up and functioning correctly. Too bad this didn't get done LAST Tuesday so I could have made it to my 4th consecutive Power Tour. At least my road partner Royal_T_Ltd(Aaron) showed up in the "Gold" bling! Next year.....next year....and there better be a good amount of Buicks NEXT year because it looks like this year there was a larger Buick turnout than the past 3 HRPT's.:cool:

I got the Buick all back together and my tranny builder and I took it out today. The car actually has a nice, firm 1-2 shift and is locking up and functioning correctly. Too bad this didn't get done LAST Tuesday so I could have made it to my 4th consecutive Power Tour. At least my road partner Royal_T_Ltd(Aaron) showed up in the "Gold" bling! Next year.....next year....and there better be a good amount of Buicks NEXT year because it looks like this year there was a larger Buick turnout than the past 3 HRPT's.:cool:

YEAH, next yr should be cool [depending on the route].... definitely more Ts/GNs than any yr. previously, good seeing JD, Austin again... and meeting Steve, Bishir, TurboNut, Philthy, Rick and im sure a few more that i forgot..... i think ima head back to the Lou today.... its raining here and i got a few things to do at home.... i feel bad not being a longhauler .... it breaks our 3yr streak... oh well at least i represented:biggrin:

Royal -T Travel Safe....

Aaron,

It was nice to meet you and hang out over the last couple of days. I was in the parking lot at 6 AM taping off the Astro-roof to keep the rain out. Travel safe....

Will leave for Chattanoga soon......

Philty

Anyone have the day 3 msd magnet they were giving away. You need them all for the end prize and my brother needs day 3.

Made it home safe..... about an hour and a half ago..... drove straight to the car wash and washed it down good:biggrin::wink:.... you wouldnt believe all the bugs and crap from drivin and all the dust and water residue from the t-storms i drove through.... hopefully they didnt follow your guys route

.... well Royal-T is clean and resting from all the driving the last few days... then i will clean down the engine and fix a couple things i noticed. Not a bad trip this year, no major problems, a loose ground on the driver's side fender and a semi-loose [+] battery cable.... thats about it... oh and a faulty PCV:mad:....i'm sure i will have to take off the TB and clean out the freakin oil... guess i will buy one of those PCVs from RJC or something.....

here's my drive home:mad::mad:

IMG_3219.jpg

but that didnt last too long... when i got back too St. Louis the sun was shining

No comment!!!!!!!! Whats the word I'm thinking of......ummmmmm........hmmmmmm........ummmmm??????? KARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:Just teasing man! Glad you got it back together!!!

Aaron, very nice to catch up with you again as always! Nice to meet you to James, Philthy, and everyone else I met! Good luck and have a very safe trip home for those who are still driving.

No comment!!!!!!!! Whats the word I'm thinking of......ummmmmm........hmmmmmm........ummmmm??????? KARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:Just teasing man! Glad you got it back together!!!

Aaron, very nice to catch up with you again as always! Nice to meet you to James, Philthy, and everyone else I met! Good luck and have a very safe trip home for those who are still driving.

Good One...Polzin! I don't know if it's KARMA or just me not wanting to get at it with our move and the overly pregnant wife. We had an OB appt this morning and she's 3.5 cm dilated. I could have seen cruising Kentucky and getting a call, "your wife has gone into labor!":eek:

Anyhow AT LEAST I was able to DRIVE my car/cars.:cool:

P.S. I'll remember to pack the YellowPages next year!

Made it home safe..... about an hour and a half ago..... drove straight to the car wash and washed it down good:biggrin::wink:.... you wouldnt believe all the bugs and crap from drivin and all the dust and water residue from the t-storms i drove through.... hopefully they didnt follow your guys route

.... well Royal-T is clean and resting from all the driving the last few days... then i will clean down the engine and fix a couple things i noticed. Not a bad trip this year, no major problems, a loose ground on the driver's side fender and a semi-loose [+] battery cable.... thats about it... oh and a faulty PCV:mad:....i'm sure i will have to take off the TB and clean out the freakin oil... guess i will buy one of those PCVs from RJC or something.....

here's my drive home:mad::mad:

IMG_3219.jpg

but that didnt last too long... when i got back too St. Louis the sun was shining

ACorn, thanks for representing the faithful, Long Hauler Buicks!:biggrin: If all goes well or at least better than the past year. 2TONE will be receiving some RRRReally nice modifications!:cool:

ACorn, thanks for representing the faithful, Long Hauler Buicks!:biggrin: If all goes well or at least better than the past year. 2TONE will be receiving some RRRReally nice modifications!:cool:

can i get a job with you - i need some BIG bonus money so i can build my stroker:biggrin::cool:

can i get a job with you - i need some BIG bonus money so i can build my stroker:biggrin::cool:

HAHA.....you don't want a job with me...because that would pertain to receiving Unemployment YET again.:frown:
I hope to hear good news from CAT by the end of the week about getting my old job back. I had a lunch interview with the Sales/Service Manager who I corroborated with on a few issues regarding customers.

I had a blast on the PT!! Driving the 85 wasn't the original plan...but it ran great...so long as the MAF sensor didn't fall off...twice...(don't ask :redface:) I'm just glad I had a back-up plan....:)

Made the 10hr trek home after DuQuoin (non-stop, except for fuel and mother-nature) and had no problems. Sure wish I woulda checked the cruise sw on the brake pedal before I left...that's the only reason my damn cruise didn't work:mad:...made for a long drive without cruise! (it's always the easy stupid stuff that I don't bother looking at:mad:)
It was awesome meeting Royal T, 2toneWE4, Bishir, Philthy, TA49-WE4, and all the others!! All your cars are BAD-ASS!!!! Being from central IA, I don't get to hang with many of the Buick guys, so it was cool.

Thanks to JDPolzin, Usetaboost, and AustinIBEW145 for all the laughs, tech-talks, beer, Bigotti's, sunscreen, stinky hotel rooms, Hello-Kitty umbrellas, time wasting trans filter swaps at 2AM, and smoky-burnouts!! Can't wait till next time!!!! ---Keith

Oh yeah....Don't forget Phillip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

I had a blast on the PT!! Driving the 85 wasn't the original plan...but it ran great...so long as the MAF sensor didn't fall off...twice...(don't ask :redface:) I'm just glad I had a back-up plan....:)

Made the 10hr trek home after DuQuoin (non-stop, except for fuel and mother-nature) and had no problems. Sure wish I woulda checked the cruise sw on the brake pedal before I left...that's the only reason my damn cruise didn't work:mad:...made for a long drive without cruise! (it's always the easy stupid stuff that I don't bother looking at:mad:)
It was awesome meeting Royal T, 2toneWE4, Bishir, Philthy, TA49-WE4, and all the others!! All your cars are BAD-ASS!!!! Being from central IA, I don't get to hang with many of the Buick guys, so it was cool.

Thanks to JDPolzin, Usetaboost, and AustinIBEW145 for all the laughs, tech-talks, beer, Bigotti's, sunscreen, stinky hotel rooms, Hello-Kitty umbrellas, time wasting trans filter swaps at 2AM, and smoky-burnouts!! Can't wait till next time!!!! ---Keith

Oh yeah....Don't forget Phillip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Like I said before, that's when I like to do my work, at night:cool: No disturbances that way. I just don't like to GO to work at night! Smokey burnouts;) LOL! I forgot all about that.