HOT ROD magaizine, no respect for Grand Nationals

You're a troll b/c you come on here and you're first several posts are nothing to do with your TB (if you even own one). Your posts have been in threads that are about other cars being so great and downing TB owners or the car. How about some questions on your car or even some compliments on some one's accomplishments. Nope. Calling us BABIES b/c we love our cars. Ya, they are old and not the greatest design but they are OUR cars. That certainly gives us the right on a board for TB owners be proud of our cars, flaws and all. Trolling around insulting us is not the best way to make friends or have people offer to help you. There are excellent people on this board. Members go out of their way to do some pretty extraordinary things for our members like raising funds to buy a roller for a member that lost his car to a fire, hunting down thieves that stole complete rigs, helping members that had failures at the track with parts and wrenching and the list goes on and on. So you have one "in your garage". Good for you. You thought it "special" enough to get one and "you wanted one since High School" so now you come here to "research". Keep acting like an assclown and see how much help you get. I've seen your kind come and go. Maybe you should go to a Cobra site to get help. I've heard they like assclowns, you know birds of feather flock together thing.

Don't think TexasT was talking to you...
Oh I didn't... It's all good!

I know my place in society. Like Bison said, I will take the publicity all day + or -. My GN's have always commanded respect, whether on the track, street, or at a car show. I have never heard anything negative from any car enthusiast ever, just the occasional Monte Carlo line and I reply back I like your VW Passat purposely confusing it with the Audi A4 0r A6. Just to let them know how it felt. :D. How many times have we had our bloodpressure rise over "The Top 25 Muscle Cars of All Time." Oh I forgot, I read too that the GN is not classified as a "Muscle Cart." See you guys in BG, looking forward to seeing some of the cleanest and fastest "grandma" cars in the country.

You're a troll b/c you come on here and you're first several posts are nothing to do with your TB (if you even own one). Your posts have been in threads that are about other cars being so great and downing TB owners or the car. How about some questions on your car or even some compliments on some one's accomplishments. Nope. Calling us BABIES b/c we love our cars. Ya, they are old and not the greatest design but they are OUR cars. That certainly gives us the right on a board for TB owners be proud of our cars, flaws and all. Trolling around insulting us is not the best way to make friends or have people offer to help you. There are excellent people on this board. Members go out of their way to do some pretty extraordinary things for our members like raising funds to buy a roller for a member that lost his car to a fire, hunting down thieves that stole complete rigs, helping members that had failures at the track with parts and wrenching and the list goes on and on. So you have one "in your garage". Good for you. You thought it "special" enough to get one and "you wanted one since High School" so now you come here to "research". Keep acting like an assclown and see how much help you get. I've seen your kind come and go. Maybe you should go to a Cobra site to get help. I've heard they like assclowns, you know birds of feather flock together thing.

Don't think TexasT was talking to you...

I have no problem with people being proud of their car. You should be proud of it. What I have a problem with is people talking shit about other cars. For example, one of the other threads I posted in was a member saying how he beat a new Shelby GT500. That's awesome and he should be proud he did that because those cars are no joke with the right driver. Following his post were posts from many other members saying the mustang owner is basically stupid for spending so much money on a car that couldn't beat an old Buick. That's where I have the problem. Your quoted post also groups me in with mustang owners and you call them "assclowns". It's true, I was once a mustang owner. I was also once a honda owner and a Mitsubishi owner. Right now I'm a Chevy and Buick owner. I don't identify with really any make because I like pretty much all of them.

A lot of you guys seem to have a problem with pretty much anyone who doesn't identify with the TR crowd. Again, I'm not saying you are all like that. But it seems to be a common theme here.

I have no problem with people being proud of their car. You should be proud of it. What I have a problem with is people talking shit about other cars. For example, one of the other threads I posted in was a member saying how he beat a new Shelby GT500. That's awesome and he should be proud he did that because those cars are no joke with the right driver. Following his post were posts from many other members saying the mustang owner is basically stupid for spending so much money on a car that couldn't beat an old Buick. That's where I have the problem. Your quoted post also groups me in with mustang owners and you call them "assclowns". It's true, I was once a mustang owner. I was also once a honda owner and a Mitsubishi owner. Right now I'm a Chevy and Buick owner. I don't identify with really any make because I like pretty much all of them.

A lot of you guys seem to have a problem with pretty much anyone who doesn't identify with the TR crowd. Again, I'm not saying you are all like that. But it seems to be a common theme here.

That's because it's a BUICK forum don't like it leave!!

We're just very protective of this marque. You understand that right? Just like the Ford camp, Chevy camp, and NoPar.

Our involvement never stopped in 1987. Its stronger than it ever was.

We're very weary of new members. They must tread lightly because every question we have answered 1000 times over. We also have lots of people pop in to stir the pot, and for that we offer no mercy. We're downright rude.

Everybody move on. Time will tell. Enjoy the hazing.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No, we have a problem with noobies coming on there telling us we are babies.

That's because it's a BUICK forum don't like it leave!!

So because it's a Buick forum, we should scoff at people who chose a different platform? I understand the pride, really I do. I just can't stand the ignorance, like your post.

We're just very protective of this marque. You understand that right? Just like the Ford camp, Chevy camp, and NoPar.

Our involvement never stopped in 1987. Its stronger than it ever was.

We're very weary of new members. They must tread lightly because every question we have answered 1000 times over. We also have lots of people pop in to stir the pot, and for that we offer no mercy. We're downright rude.

Everybody move on. Time will tell. Enjoy the hazing.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Of course I understand that and believe me when I tell you that I've had similar arguments on other boards, not just this one. When I had my trans am I would frequent LS1tech. They had a lot of the same attitudes. Because their modded camaro or T/A beat a Porsche or AMG Mercedes, the driver must be an idiot to spend way more money on a slower car.

As far as this thread goes, I just find it funny that you guys buy these cars to be different and because they are kind of an unknown to anyone who isn't into cars. Then, when your unknown car doesn't get recognition it's the end of the world. That's part of the fun isn't it? Going to the track in your granny car and surprising some opponents? Have fun with it and stop worrying about the people who don't know what it is.

I like something that every American car maker has come out with at one point or another. I even like some of the old mustang's. I have a few "other brands" currently. My 68 Barracuda is and always will be my favorite. But if I had to pick a factory production car that really had a class of it's own, it has to be the TR Buicks. Sure I am bias because I have one but if you really think about it what else can compare to it out of the factory? Oh and I forgot, it has to have a 6 cyl and look menacing while making people scratch their heads asking themselves "what was that?"

I don't think any other production car has really pulled that off in the time and period when the car was produced. That's where my pride comes from.

I thought a lot of replays to your comment ,but then I thought I'm not going to stoop to your obvious level I do know that standing face to face you would think twice about calling me ignorant

I like something that every American car maker has come out with at one point or another. I even like some of the old mustang's. I have a few "other brands" currently. My 68 Barracuda is and always will be my favorite. But if I had to pick a factory production car that really had a class of it's own, it has to be the TR Buicks. Sure I am bias because I have one but if you really think about it what else can compare to it out of the factory? Oh and I forgot, it has to have a 6 cyl and look menacing while making people scratch their heads asking themselves "what was that?"

I don't think any other production car has really pulled that off in the time and period when the car was produced. That's where my pride comes from.

And that's the attitude to have. You love your car but you acknowledge other great cars for what they are. A few years ago I had a Dodge Spirit R/T. If you aren't familiar with it, it's an early 90's boxy sedan with a similar turbo 4 cylinder to what they out in the newer neon SRT4's. Talk about a sleeper. It was front wheel drive which sucked, but it was quick. I was able to coax a high 12 in the 1/4 with it (with mods of course). The thing was ugly as sin, but still one of my favorites. You could even get that engine in the dodge caravan with a stick lol. But I quickly moved into cars that could make more power with more reliability. That's why I scratch my head when the TR guys talk shit about other cars. Maybe their turbo 6 is just as quick or even faster, but I like driving my cars and not burying my head in the engine bay chasing down a boost leak in 26 year old hoses. After all the reading I've done so far, looks like mine will see minimal modification.

I thought a lot of replays to your comment ,but then I thought I'm not going to stoop to your obvious level I do know that standing face to face you would think twice about calling me ignorant

YES!!! I was waiting for someone to say that last line!!!! Now I know you're an idiot. Let me guess, now you are going to offer me a plane ticket to come meet you so I can get beat up? Grow up Peter Pan. My comment about you stands.

YES!!! I was waiting for someone to say that last line!!!! Now I know you're an idiot. Let me guess, now you are going to offer me a plane ticket to come meet you so I can get beat up? Grow up Peter Pan. My comment about you stands.

No'Im just saying any pussy can punch keys on a keyboard,you walk up to me and call me a name and you better be ready to back it up.

Shhhhhhh, your going to wake Charlief1. then your all going to be in trouble. :p:D

86 Regal W-11/CC-1T Type