Hooker exhaust sound clip

pvtpilot

2LT USAF
I'm looking for a sound clip of a GN with the hooker cat-back exhaust system on it. Anyone have one or a link to one? thanks.

Sorry I cant help you with a sound clip.I dont have the technology.
But I have the Hooker catback system on my 86 and it sounds great.It sounds throaty but not too loud.It doesnt have the loud
drone at 1500-2000rpms like some systems.Like on my 85.Good
luck finding a sound clip. Mike

I have a video of my car idleing after cam break in. It is not on the internet, and I dont think I can send it through email. If you really really want to hear it.........I can upload it to my webpage so you can save it to your computer. Let me know, turbov6neil86@hotmail.com

Mark, that's great advertising for your electric exhaust cutouts! Sounds great! :D

Mark

I found this old thread. I am looking at getting Hooker exhaust. I purchased the car with stock exhaust but with FlowMasters. I run 12.00 @ 112 at 21 lbs of boost.

Last night I ran the car for the first time with open exhaust. I looked down and it was at 29 lbs of boost in third. Needless to say, that was short lived. Thankfully the motor wasn't hurt. Thanks to Alky.

Anyway, what MPH gain did you see when going with the Hooker exhaust?

I am seeing a 8 psi restriction.

The Hooker cat-back system will have much less restriction if you replace the mufflers with a straight-thru type like Hooker Maximum Flows or Ultraflows.

I gained about 5mph going from an old rusted out stock system to a hooker system on a fairly stock car. I was in the high 12s at the time, so you may gain more.