Holy Crap$$$ Maybe I'll just restore a Corvette!

Look at the total production numbers of turbo cars (from GNTtype.org.)
86-87: 35,486
84-85: 9408

ya HA are rare BUT demand is NOT there !! Best part of the whole car is a posi rear end :p :biggrin:

Yes they DO.. and NOT Chinese

Expect to see more stuff from China. I was just reading a story in one of the trade papers on how and why China gets away with it. The magic word is scanners. Minolta must be making a killing on them. These are the gadgets that cost 6 or 7 figures. You point a laser at what ever you want to copy and make a program that is copied onto another disc. You load the disc into your CAD/CAM machinery and you have a fake that is correct right down to the greasy fingerprints that were on the original. The scanners even copy from pictures and blueprints. If you cant afford the scanner than there are thousands of companies that will copy it for you. If labor wasn't so cheap in China than the stuff would be coming in from India and Thailand.

Out of all of the cars that I have owned the GN is probably the easiest car to find parts for. Hard to say if it is the cheapest car to find parts for. I learned many years ago 20 years is a tad bit to long to wait when you decide to restore something. Keeping it running is a different excuse. You aint never had so easy. Try finding parts for a Hot Air Riviera. Try finding parts for a CosworthVega. Try finding parts for a Suzuki RE5. Try finding parts for a F-82 TwinMustang.:rolleyes:

This is the reason Epitome is reproducing the 1987 GN/GNX Griile and Headlight Bezels. ABS plastic wears out and can't be "refurbished" in any real way. This is one of the reasons nos parts have been bought up and their price has increased so much. They wear just by being on the car where the temperature changes or they are in any sunlight. The color is in the plastic itself and isn't painted. There are only so many nos grilles and headlight bezels and they should be conserved. Insurance companies are allowng $550-$700 for a grille and $350-$450 for headlight bezels. The new Epitome grilles and headlight bezels are dead on exact except for the minor upgrades we've done (not seeable bracing for the grille because of the cracking flaw in the originals and better UV protection in all pieces). At just $299 for a grille, $209 for a PAIR of headlight bezels or just $479.99 for all 3 pieces, we hope to satisfy many in the Buick community with a high quality, low cost choice for replacing these parts. I met someone at the Buick Nationals that had just paid $550 for an nos grille (as well as someone who paid $700 through an insurance claim) and the second time he drove the car with it a stone hit and cracked it. What a waste. Our idea is that if your original parts are even halfway decent you should stash them safely away and put our new, low cost, dead on exact replacements on your car. Your car will look better and your originals will only rise in value instead of eventually hitting the trash can.

The molds have been made for quite some time already. We should be approving the final prototypes this week and the run should happen almost right away. Epitome Exclusives: Collectible Quality Turbo Buick Reproductions and Die Casts

Grumpy, you are correct... the demand is not there. Trust me, If I had my way, I'd be the proud owner of an '86 GN. My first '85 was burnt to the ground by a drunk driver. I was able to buy back that car from the insurance co. for $300 and save the engine and other front end parts. The firewall actually stopped the fire comming from the rear.
I already had upgraded parts on that engine so I decied to buy another 85. When you have an $800 set of headers, rebuilt trans., new turbo (less than 20 miles,) etc... that makes for an easy decision,
Yes, we had to fight with the insurance company, but they ended up writing a $12k check for my car. This was back in '94 just to set the record straight. I found a new fully loaded '85 for a great price (much less than my insurance check.)
Yes, I do have the posi rear end. This car is not a member of the one-tire-fire club!
You are correct... the 84 - 85's will never draw the same price as the 86-87's.
I'm not trying to fight the hot-air to intercooled argument. I'm just trying to say that the HA parts went out of stock a long time ago.
Bottom line... 82, 84-85, 86-87: it would be great to see reasonable priced parts.
I noticed a few months ago that 86-87 hoodliners were going for around $500. Now they seem to be going for around $250. It seems people have realized there are a lot of them out there for sale. The surge in the market has dropped!
I'm not afraid to spend money if I have too, however, I just don't want to pay in a panic market.

Take care,
Tim

Grumpy's right for sure, and another thing I notice for sure.

There's too many HORDES/PACKRATS in the Turbobuick community. So many people buy up Parts in huge quantity's INCLUDING certain Vendor's as well, and this raises prices!!

Stop WHORDING!!! Stop Packing!!!

This community is too small, not enough big sponsors, not enough production, most are having the Chinese make their parts due to costs now.

Anything authentic GM is going to skyrocket! Like the Dam Bumper Fillers! :eek:

high$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ parts

i was a cracked and paid over $550 for a pair nos black headlight bezels
dont worry i have them locked in my fire proof safe LOL

Adding my "I can't believe that price" to the list. Earlier this summer there was a complete GM NOS Set of Body Striping (three piece Fenders, Doors, and Quarter) both sides listed on EBAY.

I watched it but didn't bid. Winning bid was over $400.00 dollars.