High Rev/Pop/Stall

89SandBagger

Well as I was walking out the door to go to work today I start the car..I turn the key over and the car revs REALLY high and cause the car to make a poping sound, and then stalling as soon as the rpm's droped. I turned the key over once more and it did the same thing, but without the pop. I havnt looked under the hood yet today, or tried turning it over again, because of the rain. Anyone ever heard of this :confused:

POP stall...

Look at your MAF, when it is unplugged whiel the car is running the ECM switchs to BATCH fire which is awful, and will soemtimes stall up and then pop kinda like a miss, just an idea. Prolly soemthing else though.

Thanks for the info guys, I looked under the hood yesterday night, and then started it, it ran fine until pulled it out of the driveway with no brakes! That loud pop was the vacuum line for the brakes that blew off. What could have caused this you think? As you guys mentioned above, or that really high reving? Thanks.

Originally posted by 89SandBagger
What could have caused this you think?

Lots of Pressure (Boost), weak clamp or tie-rap. Better put two just in case now. You don't want it to blow off again @ WOT. Then you'll be like :eek: when you can't stop.