hi I'm new check out my project

mcolor

ForumRunner_20130326_101930.png

ForumRunner_20130326_101954.png

ForumRunner_20130326_102014.png

Well I'm going to start with a rebuild of this 3.8 it's knocking so I'm going to come from the ground up on the motor is there anything special had to be done because I'm going to add a turbo

Welcome. Have you looked into the for sale section for a complete setup to add the turbo?
What part of Texas are you from?

No I need to check it out but I'm in spring area

Isn't Spring down near Houston? There is a Houston Buick club that may be of help. I think I saw a carb on that motor? It was hard to tell from the pic? If you want to go turbo find yourself a complete SFI setup from a 86/87 car that would be the best way to go.

Yeah I saw that regal on Craigslist , didn't know it knocked. I'm in spring also , it will take a lot of parts to make it a turbo car, best to buy a complete motor, fuel lines and wiring harness .

You will definitely need a turbo engine crank. The na engine crank won't handle high power.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Yea it was on Craigslist but I bought it for the body now I'm looking for a gn engine

Get a large sheet of paper first.. Put down all the parts you are goin to need and estimates on rebuilds like the engine/trans. Then add up the costs (you may need more than 1 sheet of paper) . BIG money pit is all your doing !! BUT if you like the car an have the $$$ than do it.. I have 2 hybrids and they were NOT cheap as guys think.

Yea now I'm starting to see how much it will be and its going to cost a pretty penny

You would better off starting with a car that is already the LC2 set up. Trying to convert a non turbo Regal is going to cost more I would think. Everything is different from the wiring harness to the fuel tank. Just my .02

Recommendation Sell that car and buy a 86/87 T-Type, you can find "fixer uppers" in the $5K range.

Or keep what you have if it's a good base and go with a sbc or ls. Still will need a strong trans and rear plus a bunch of extra parts. If you are a good shopper you can find many good used parts to make your project but sometimes those "bargains" end up costing more than just buying a complete running car.

I thought a lil about the sbc because the car had a 307 so the rear end can handle the power the person I bought the car from put the v6 in it

The 7.5 can't handle much more than the stock hp of the 305. The Olds 307 were no powerhouses either.

The 7.5 can't handle much more than the stock hp of the 305. The Olds 307 were no powerhouses either.

Can you say "Snap Crackle Pop" That's what will happen to that 7.5 with any kind of decent HP. Find a 8.5 out of a TR or better yet find a TR.

Found a grand national look like shit but everything there for 2500 no paper work I think I'ma roll with it