Hey guys

commandersafi

Just wanted to say hey! I dont have a GN, but I've always been a fan of them so I wanted to join up :D
Currently I have 2 mustangs. A '00 v6 Mustang (red car) and a '99 Cobra (white car)
Here is some pics of them :cool:
h ttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5/commandersafi/My%20Stang/IMG_0028.jpg
h ttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5/commandersafi/My%20Stang/IMG_0032.jpg
h ttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5/commandersafi/My%20Stang/IMG_0040.jpg

Can't post links until I get 4 posts, so just take out the space between the h and the t :D

let me be the first to say, welcome to the site. looks like you've got two clean mustangs there. let's see...'99 Cobra, that has the aluminum 4.6 with 4 valves per cyl. *and* the trick butterfly setup that closes off one set of intake runners until the engine is at a certain rpm, right?

I'd hang on to the Cobra and try to sell the '00 V6 and use the cash toward a good turbo Regal - but that's just me. :cool:

let me be the first to say, welcome to the site. looks like you've got two clean mustangs there. let's see...'99 Cobra, that has the aluminum 4.6 with 4 valves per cyl. *and* the trick butterfly setup that closes off one set of intake runners until the engine is at a certain rpm, right?

I'd hang on to the Cobra and try to sell the '00 V6 and use the cash toward a good turbo Regal - but that's just me. :cool:

Thanks! :D

The 99 Cobra is the aluminum Teksid block (teksid is the strongest block and rated over 1000rwhp) and is the 32v v8, but it doesn't have the butterfly setup (IMRC's). Ford started using those in 01 and up. It's also stock with a fully forged crank. The only weak point, which I will fix, is the rods and pistons. Those typically only last up to 450rwhp
I would love to get a Regal, but right now the v6 is a good DD (Something I dont mind leaving in the parking lot where there is plenty of high school girls to hit it :() and the Cobra is just for fun. I'll have plenty of time to swap the v6 out with something else later on (I'm only 18 :D)

Welcome. Mustang guy:biggrin: Those cobras are nice.My buddy has an 04 with the mistachrome paint that car pulls pretty hard.I bought my buick in 89 and almost bought a new mustang instead.One day I will own a notchback .again welcome

Thanks! :D

The 99 Cobra is the aluminum Teksid block (teksid is the strongest block and rated over 1000rwhp) and is the 32v v8, but it doesn't have the butterfly setup (IMRC's). Ford started using those in 01 and up.

Hmm...[scratches head] I was pretty sure the '96-'99's had the lower intake butterfly valve setup. A quick check of my sources and I was off by one year. It was '96-'98, they did away with the butterfly valve setup in '99 after Ford engineers determined the injector postion required for the butterfly setup was detrimental to efficient air-fuel mixing in the combustion chambers.

Sorry, I had the year wrong, but then you threw me off even further when you said the '01's and up have that setup. :cool:

Hmm...[scratches head] I was pretty sure the '96-'99's had the lower intake butterfly valve setup. A quick check of my sources and I was off by one year. It was '96-'98, they did away with the butterfly valve setup in '99 after Ford engineers determined the injector postion required for the butterfly setup was detrimental to efficient air-fuel mixing in the combustion chambers.

Sorry, I had the year wrong, but then you threw me off even further when you said the '01's and up have that setup. :cool:

Well my '00 doesn't have the butterflies either. Ford changed quite a lot from '00 to '01. Other than the IMRC's they also started to build the IAT sensor into the MAF harness unlike previous years where the IAT was standalone :D