Here's a tough question!

MrMNTTA

Looking for 11.0's
Who has #1??? Meaning.......#1 off the line, 1989 TTA!!?? Is there any way to know or find out?

My guess is GM has it somewhere.........? Thoughts?

I'm off by about 1,129 ... Best I could do! That's a good question - Now I'll have to resist the urge to research it :)

#1 was a Pilot car. Rich from CARMotorsports owns #3, my guess is that GM owns #1 or it was destroyed. Would the 6spd car be counted as one of the cars? If so that's probably #1 since it's an 88 GTA not an 89.

#1 was a Pilot car. Rich from CARMotorsports owns #3, my guess is that GM owns #1 or it was destroyed. Would the 6spd car be counted as one of the cars? If so that's probably #1 since it's an 88 GTA not an 89.

I say the pilots are one batch #1 to 5 and the production cars #1 to 1550 so not sure who got #1 and how to find out ...

The 6 speed was actually an 85 or 86 TA that PAS did for GM if I remember correct, got no VIN and never been issued a title ...

Dave Turra (I hope I am spelling his name right) told me that the 6 speed car started off as a 1985 Trans Am, pulled off the line for engineering projects.
Given to PAS after the run of cars is also what was told to me, to perform their magic. Then, back to Pontiac, who still has it.
The 6 speed did not have a vin, but who's to say right now?
Funny how everyone calls that custom console a Firehawk one, when the 6 speed got it first.:biggrin:

George:cool:

The little info I have with VIN's ending in:
213329 Pilot car
225348 2

So somewhere in between those would be 1.