here are some picks

I havent been here much. The main computer took a crap and all we got is the wifes laptop opps thats a notebook got to get it right. I have been trying to get the frame done but all this other little crap gets in the way. but just stoped to say that things sill going but very slow. i hope to get a new computer in a few weeks and be posting picks and try to get my progress caught up before the snow starts to fly here in the great state of ohio:rolleyes:

well i been busy on doing a brick floor for my garage. all i have is a dirt floor. i managed to get road brick from a local town. i have got a bit of time to have the roters turned and painted. been working on the a arms uppers and lowers too. hope to have picks soon.

If you're putting the 350 olds in it then go into the exhaust prots and get rid of the lumps at the top of the port. Helps it breath alot better and takes just a few minutes rather than find a set of early w30 heads.

Yap! Thats one of them things that i will do and do all the porting and polishing myself. I kept the old 307 heads to pratice on.:smile: Thanks for the mind freshiner. I forgot to add that to my list of things to do this winter. I did manage to get 1/2 of the bricking work done this weekend in the garage.

well i got the brick layed in the garage and it heats better. over the long holiday weeks i did get the frame in and started to work on it. as soon as i get my new computer i will cetch up all the picks so keep eyes open:cool:

Pick(1) is of the rear end out. Pick(2) the olds moter & tranny out. Pick(3) Upper & lower control arms,springs Sway bar,and stearing box removed. Pick(4) Just a close up of the rusty frame (not to bad for a NW OHIO car thats from 86) Pick(5) Just an over all view to see what i have for the work ahead of me.

NW Ohio? Toledo here:cool: ..... Great job on the car.:cool:

Here are som picks that i promised.I Turned the roters at work and they are ready to go back on. A pick of the top and sides of the frame painted. The frame now in the garage to work on the bottom side. and last 2 picks of the L/R upper A arms on the frame.

Attachments

• 1026081854.jpg
    1026081854.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,831
  • 1005081540.jpg
    1005081540.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,830
  • 0104091546.jpg
    0104091546.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,818
  • 1005081651.jpg
    1005081651.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,809
  • 1005081651a.jpg
    1005081651a.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,806
Looking good. You might want to re-enforce the center section of the frame though. The 350 makes a lot more torque than the 307 and tweeking the frame may become an issue.

got layed off today so i will do the best i can do to keep you all up dated here. e-net will be shut off so Rivical will do the posting here see ya all:frown:

got layed off today so i will do the best i can do to keep you all up dated here. e-net will be shut off so Rivical will do the posting here see ya all:frown:

That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. All of us can only hope and pray this economy gets better SOON!! Good luck. I'll still be watchin for updates! ---Keith

Looking good. You might want to re-enforce the center section of the frame though. The 350 makes a lot more torque than the 307 and tweeking the frame may become an issue.

don't you think a turbo V6 is more powerful than a 350 ?? the frames handle it fine so why bother reinforcing it :confused:

don't you think a turbo V6 is more powerful than a 350 ??

I like the v6 :) When you on a limited budget you use what you got. Now that i am layed off this is going to su*k .It looks like i will not have any extra money to do anything to the car and the sad thing is that all i really need is money for the paint,moter rebuild that i will do myself,and new door seals other then that i thank i got the rest.

I like the v6 :) When you on a limited budget you use what you got. Now that i am layed off this is going to su*k .It looks like i will not have any extra money to do anything to the car and the sad thing is that all i really need is money for the paint,moter rebuild that i will do myself,and new door seals other then that i thank i got the rest.

my reply was to the guy saying to box the frame.. I know your on a "limited budget" :p

don't you think a turbo V6 is more powerful than a 350 ?? the frames handle it fine so why bother reinforcing it :confused:

There's a bit of difference between the weight of a v6 versus an Olds 350 Grumpy. The torque isn't an issue by itself, it's the weight and torque combined.:tongue: The re-enforcement will help the car handle it and will help street maners as well. Not an expensive mod but well worth it for a car that will see the street.

There's a bit of difference between the weight of a v6 versus an Olds 350 Grumpy. The torque isn't an issue by itself, it's the weight and torque combined.:tongue: The re-enforcement will help the car handle it and will help street maners as well. Not an expensive mod but well worth it for a car that will see the street.

compare complete engines with accessories. I bet there maybe a 100#s difference tops .. BUT this is the net so I guess everybody HAS to box that frame up. :rolleyes: Hopefully my daughters GN "DRIVER" doesn't fold in half from abuse she gives it. oh the Olds 350 ..whats that have for power?? 250 hp ?? ok outta here.. have to get some steel to box her car up :p

Talked w/ nut n he's hopin to swing keepin his e-access. Not much will keep my bro down. We talked about boxing and I'll post for others what me and grumpy agree on. Not worth the trouble and excess weight on a street car. 'Nut will probly get his on four wheels and ready for paint before I need the 350 Olds I'm sittin on, so that'll free up eng. rebuild money for paint. It's a 69. 325/365 gross I think. Not like that's gonna twist anything like the drag cars on the home page here!!!!

Not like that's gonna twist anything like the drag cars on the home page here!!!!

well my daughter's 9 sec street GN's frame has held up great. we did weld supports around where the rear control arms attach to the frame.. keep it simple and enjoy the car :p

Not much will keep my bro down.

As rivical said there is not much to keep me down. we get to keep the e-net another month. I just talked to a local gun store and they gave me an order for 1000 .357 custom cast swc bullets $5.00 per 100. so i will be bussy casting.:biggrin: