hepl help help help!!!!!

this stupid car has been down for a year.....it's been a mechanic/friend shop. it was said to be fixed but i picked it up today and it's still doing the same thing.

the car starts and runs fine for about 5 minutes but then it just dies.... a few minutes later it will start up and run but seems as if it;s not running as it should. power is low ans pops. i can let the car sit for a while and it runs fine but does the same thing. things done so far to fix the problem are neew fuel pump,computer chip, ignition module. ignition sloniod in the wiring harness and other wiring patches in the harness itself. any ideas????:confused:

this stupid car has been down for a year.....it's been a mechanic/friend shop. it was said to be fixed but i picked it up today and it's still doing the same thing.

the car starts and runs fine for about 5 minutes but then it just dies.... a few minutes later it will start up and run but seems as if it;s not running as it should. power is low ans pops. i can let the car sit for a while and it runs fine but does the same thing. things done so far to fix the problem are neew fuel pump,computer chip, ignition module. ignition sloniod in the wiring harness and other wiring patches in the harness itself. any ideas????:confused:

any codes?
un plug the MAF and see what happens.

Outside of the unknowns in your electrical patches I think it would benefit you to do a spring cleaning, fuel filter for sure, and perform some of the diagnostics that are standard to verify fuel pressure and coil conductivity.

ok guys ill do that i statrted today...funy thing was that i left it and came back 20 min. later and drove it for an hour straight and could not duplicate the problem. it will only come up to 17 pounds of boost when i should be at 25 put it think i have too much alky dailed in

Year or so ago, mine was was running fine from a cold start and when it got out of closed loop(operating temp) and started reading the sensors and it started popping and going dead. I found that it was the crankshaft sensor. Replaced sensor and everything was fine. Good luck. Mike