HELP- relocate the canister for a cold air kit

oldwirehead

Army NCO on inactive duty
I have a bracket to relocate the canister for a cold air kit, but don’t know where it is suppose to mount. HELP!!

Believe it goes underneath the frame in front of the drivers side tire.

screws into the bottom of two pre existing holes in the dr inner fender (on the underside)

Guys,

Is there a way to do away with the canister? What will happen if you just remove it?

Guys,

Is there a way to do away with the canister? What will happen if you just remove it?

yes, you can just throw it in the trash..... took mine out 1.5 years ago....no issues without it....

Lot easier to just relocate the canister to the frame rail by the steering box if you want to keep it.:smile:

That looks like an old ATR unit. It goes underneath where the factory had it. I have mine zip tied under there too.

For my cold air kit I was able to rotate the canister around and use one of the original bolts to hold it out of the way, just kinda pivoted outwards.

I recommend using the cannister.

A previous post, years ago on this board, reported a fire due to the cannister being removed.

Somewhere I have a picture of this mounted on my car. But the summary is the vacuum canister mounts to one set of holes. The Charcoal cannister held in by the clamps and the other holes go to where the vac canister used to mount.

I brought it used. If you remove it, do you just plug the lines?

no just plug the vac lines
there is a metal pipe bolted to the frame from the tank that a cannister hose attaches to
i simply get a cheap ass fuel filter for a carb (ya know the kind that are in the carbs?)
removed the rubber valve in it and slide it over the pipe
that way your tank can vent under pressure and when its under vac it dont suck in crap due to the filter
after this post the will be people saying if ya do that the car will smell like gas
never an issue here
ill try to post a pic...im tellin you guys really cleans the area up nice that way
-dan

pic

pic

Attachments

• vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 82