Help (No start)

tribal87

:confused: I have a 87gn that just does not want to start. I have changed the coil pack, ignition module and I have good fuel pressure and all of the grounds seem to be inplace and have tested good. She rolls over fine and I have tested the ecm and all of the relays in a buddies gn and they all ran good. I am getting to the point where I want to beat my head with a tire iron (i would never hurt the car)any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Assume the car's getting a good spark, then I would have to guess fuel related or cam sensor setting?

Dannyo

Crank Sensor

Crank Sensor? These are a common high milage problem, not so much a failure of the part, rather, they get loose especially if oil has softened up the plastic enough to allow the sensor to move out of position in the clamp/bracket.

You may find it hanging if it moved enough to hit the sensor ring.

But, are you getting any spark at all?

A quick way to check is to crank it over with a timing light hooked up. You cant tell how strong the spark is, but you will know real quick if you have spark... If it doesn't flash, make sure the light it hooked up correctly before jumping to conclusions!

Here is some good info:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=58722

Fouled spark plugs...

caused my no start. Check them. Also go buy a noid light from pepboys or equivelent to check injector pulse.(could have fuel pressure but no injector pulse) Then if no spark, go thru J.Testas' write up on ignition system tests.

HTH, CaptRob