Help! Need Modified ECM for 72 lb. Injectors ASAP

Wolfj359

A 6 8 U
Does anyone know of anywhere that has a modified ECM in stock that I might be able to buy and have shipped right away? Do any of you guys have one for sale? I need to have the car pretty much together by the end of the weekend and dont have the modded ecm. Thanks!

it is my understanding that whaen you run low impedence injector that the current draw goes way up. this exceeds the stock device's current limit in the ecm(drivers) and they burn out so when you get a modded ecm they put high current drivers in it
you can run your stock computer w/ low impedence injectors you will eventually burn out the drivers

shawn

hotter......

They pull more current than the high impedance injectors. For occasional use, they will probably be okay...

If you just need one for the week end and wanta come by here, I could loan you one out of my GN for a couple of days.

A saturated driver ECM will run a bunch richer at part throttle and idle.

The injectors will run a bunch hotter also.

The connector pins will run a bunch over their rating which could cause them to loose
tension.

If you borrow Steve's you can send me yours and I'll turn it around in a couple days.

TurboBob

guess i should have put the blurb about heat being the bi product of lower impeadence injector also

shawn

ps tb who drives at part throttle ?:confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

I just talked to ATR and they dont do them anymore, they send them out. I knew I was forgetting something that I needed to have this car ready by the end of the weekend!

i just had ramchargers do mine, took 1 month and cost 158 bucks :( hey Justin i saw your turbo at cottons last week, sweet looking unit!

Turbobob offered.

Red did mine in about a week.

John dicarlo always has the base ECM for sale, you could have him fedex one to your vendor and they could do the upgrade, if you don't want any down time. I think he sells them for about $50.