Help me out...fastest TB?

boostin

I'm in a discussion with some idiots saying that GNs would be better with TT V8s...I think that the turbo Stangs and the turbo sixes (not just GN, but Supra as well) are just as fast. Am I right?

Though there have been Buick Turbo V6's in the high 6's, sure a Twin turbo V8 would be pontentially quicker than a turbo V6.

Tell your idiot friends that there have never been any American cars with a Factory twin turbo V8.

"If GN's came with Nitro Burning Supercharged Hemis, they'd be faster"

:rolleyes:

Also, tell them to stop bench racing about cars they will never own, get a job and put their money where their mouths are. My stock GN will beat any "twin turbo V8" those guys will ever have.

That's not factory though.:D I've actually overheard guys at the track telling there buddies that GNs are fast because they are 1) Turbo V8s, 2) Twin Turbo V8s, and 3) Twin Turbo V6. I had one guy actually ask me where the other turbo was or if I'd taken it off and why. :rolleyes:

has anyone ever (sucessfully) tried a turbo v8 gn? i'm not sayign theres anythign wrong with the v6 but, with a v8 your starting off with a better base, and to me i think it would be possible to make it faster. or am i wrong as usual;)

If one would try that I would think they would go 455 :D Course I have no idea how that thing would handle around a corner. Would be one hell of a ride though.:cool:

well yeah....the inventor of the Thrasher chip is running a twin turbo V8 in his GN, last I heard.....guy by the name of Chris Chow

and a 231 cu 6 would stand no chance against a twin v8.....ever

Originally posted by azgn

Woody, there is a guy down here with a twin turbo V8 mustang.... It's a stock 302 block, 306ci, and two T3/T4 turbos.... He has run 10.98 @124mph...... Your little 231ci turbo V6 would take him and there are several other guys I know of down here that will easily take him like Orlando, Roy Garcia, and I can go on and on (we have several mid 10 second and faster TRs down here)..... People have made around 1500hp with a Stage II V6 but that seems to be the limit so I'd say if you want to make more than 1500hp go with a V8 and have yourself nothing other than a race car, otherwise keep the V6 and beat up on them V8s and tell them "I only have a 6 cylinder!";) :D The whole fun part of these cars IMHO is the fact that you can have a fast streetable car and you don't need some V8 to do it!!!!:)

A good example of this would be Rob Raymer's TR that's featured in GMHTP:cool:

Brick

I guess I have to clarify my remarks.......I ASSume the guy with the twin V8 knows at least as much as me...I would be seriously embarrassed if I had 302 with twins running 10.8's

there is no substitute for cubic inches and we ain't got 'em....what we do have is a lot of turbo experience and the learning curve is steep...however, a fellow named Duttweiler can solve that problem should you wanna go real fast with a v8 of your choice

we have stroker 302's here with superchargers running bottom 9's on 10" tires......your F**d guys must have sun stroke!:D

I wouldn't mess with many of the Mustangs here......

Brick

I guess I have to clarify my remarks.......I ASSume the guy with the twin V8 knows at least as much as me...I would be seriously embarrassed if I had 302 with twins running 10.8's

there is no substitute for cubic inches and we ain't got 'em....what we do have is a lot of turbo experience and the learning curve is steep...however, a fellow named Duttweiler can solve that problem should you wanna go real fast with a v8 of your choice

we have stroker 302's here with superchargers running bottom 9's on 10" tires......your F**d guys must have sun stroke!:D

I wouldn't mess with many of the Mustangs here......

Woody, in the guys defense keep in mind this is a stock block 302 which is only good for about 550-600hp before it cracks (I know the guys you are talking about are NOT using stock blocks)...... There are a LOT of fast mustangs down here as well, but my point was not everybody with a turbo V8 is faster! All things equal yes I know a V8 will be faster because of the extra cubes and more importantly those two cylinders, but you don't need a V8 to run 10's, 9's, 8's, 7's, or even 6's as it has been proven...... Duttweiler uses our V6 for a bench mark for turbo V8s he builds because he says if he builds a turbo V8 and it doesn't make more than 1500hp like his V6 did something is wrong!!!!

BTW Woody, there is a member on here with the name ShouldofhadaV-8 who lives down here in Miami and his stroker 302 (it's a 347ci motor with an A4 block) supercharged V8 Stang has run 9.14 @154mph so I know what you're talking about:D
Also Cal Hartline has a couple of customers with BIG single turbo 331ci Stangs running mid to low 8's that I've seen run at Moroso and BMP....... Damn mustangs are fast, but we do win the battle every once in a while:cool:

well yeah....the inventor of the Thrasher chip is running a twin turbo V8 in his GN, last I heard.....guy by the name of Chris Chow
Thrashers were invented by Tom Chou (pronounced "Choo") ...who is of no relation what so ever to Chris Chow.

A Turbo V6 can, and has, beaten twin turbo V8s before. Driver and Tuner have much to do with it.;) But for the most part, yes, a twin-turbo V8 should be able to deliver more HP than a TTV6.

Originally posted by Priz
That's not factory though.:D I've actually overheard guys at the track telling there buddies that GNs are fast because they are 1) Turbo V8s, 2) Twin Turbo V8s, and 3) Twin Turbo V6. I had one guy actually ask me where the other turbo was or if I'd taken it off and why. :rolleyes:

callaway corvettes were factory. with a full factory warrenty from the dealership :cool:

Tom, Chris...whatever......I am old .......(sorry about that Chris & Tom.....)

twin turbo GNX

there was once a GNX clone on ebay
it had the 350 tuned port injection camaro motor in it and had it twin turboed
the car looked great and the motor looked completly factory
it was an excellent car but i dont know how fast or how much it sold for...
if anyone else remembers ... it was on ebay like 2-3 months ago

why do i think i saw that? i think i saw something like that, i think they said "it was the way gm should have made the gn" if i remember right it was a 305 and a single turbo. I could have seen it somewhere else too its been too long ago.

many completely stock mustangs except for fuel pump injectors and two stock gn turbos= mid 10,s for about 1500 to two grand if dooing it your self. anything moves with a little know how and of course cash!