Help! code 34

Brookgn

The car starts and idles fine. The maf numbers sit around 2-4gs. They go up and down with throttle. Sometimes it will stall when you put it in gear. Sometimes it stalls while driving. It's somewhat intermittent. The maf numbers go up to 254gs right before it dies.It keeps setting code 34[low maf]. I have an LS1maf,translator,and an extender extreme.
I have changed:ecm,chip,maf,translator, and I changed all the grounds today and no difference. I'm running out of ideas and would appreciate any input.

MAF Readings

The car starts and idles fine. The maf numbers sit around 2-4gs. They go up and down with throttle. Sometimes it will stall when you put it in gear. Sometimes it stalls while driving. It's somewhat intermittent. The maf numbers go up to 254gs right before it dies.It keeps setting code 34[low maf]. I have an LS1maf,translator,and an extender extreme.
I have changed:ecm,chip,maf,translator, and I changed all the grounds today and no difference. I'm running out of ideas and would appreciate any input.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm running a Gen II Translator and LS1 maf.....also have the Extender Extreme chip.....this chip fools the ECU and actually triples the air flow ....so you've got to triple your reading..ie you're MAF reads 2 - 4 gs , it really is doing 6 - 12 gs at idle...which is good in my books....
About your high maf number before it stalls.....sounds like the idle is increasing somewhat before your engine dies and the MAF is reading the higher air flow , which would be typical if you gave it some throttle. Don't know if you've got a scanmaster, but that would be the first place to start. Get one, if you don't already have one....then be sure to check your TPS and AIC's and adjust if necessary.

Hope these suggestions help you.

Good Luck.

dave

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm running a Gen II Translator and LS1 maf.....also have the Extender Extreme chip.....this chip fools the ECU and actually triples the air flow ....so you've got to triple your reading..ie you're MAF reads 2 - 4 gs , it really is doing 6 - 12 gs at idle...which is good in my books....
About your high maf number before it stalls.....sounds like the idle is increasing somewhat before your engine dies and the MAF is reading the higher air flow , which would be typical if you gave it some throttle. Don't know if you've got a scanmaster, but that would be the first place to start. Get one, if you don't already have one....then be sure to check your TPS and AIC's and adjust if necessary.

Hope these suggestions help you.

Good Luck.

dave

I had read that on here about the maf numbers with the extender. I figured the idle numbers were ok too. Right before the car stalls the maf numbers go higher than I ever see WOT. It seems to flood the engine out. I guess if the engine thinks there is a lot of air it sends a lot of fuel. My TPS and IAC don't do anything goofy. Just the maf. I use Direct Scan. That's where I'm getting my numbers from. Thanks for the suggestions.

What version tanslator? What are your switch settings?

Whats the number on chip?

What is you iac warm @ idle?

Rick

EDIT: I just saw your last post. Looks like a possible bad connection somewhere, no?

What version tanslator? Version 6

What are your switch settings? ON ON ON ON

Whats the number on chip? ESO57COF

What is you iac warm @ idle? I'll have to check that

Rick

EDIT: I just saw your last post. Looks like a possible bad connection somewhere, no?

That's what I thought after searching code 34. That's why I changed all the grounds.

Thanks for the input.

I would unplug and plug back in the translator and maf connections a few times. Do the same with the ecm plugs. If you have replaced everything it's got to be a connection or bad wire.

I'll give that a shot. I figure it all got unplugged twice today, but it sure can't hurt to try it all again.

I had a similar problem with my GN a few months ago, it would want to stall intermittently once in awhile. I cleanrd the whole throttle body real good and I cleaned the IAC with some carb cleaner, reinstalled everything and it's been fine ever since. Also I would check the maf connections and maf itself.

I had a similar problem with my GN a few months ago, it would want to stall intermittently once in awhile. I cleanrd the whole throttle body real good and I cleaned the IAC with some carb cleaner, reinstalled everything and it's been fine ever since. Also I would check the maf connections and maf itself.

It was setting a code 34? I guess I can try that too.
Thanks!

I would unplug and plug back in the translator and maf connections a few times. Do the same with the ecm plugs. If you have replaced everything it's got to be a connection or bad wire.

I tried all of that to no avail. I looked at my IAC numbers warm at idle are in the 50's.
Thanks!

Apparently one of the yellow wires leading into the ECM had a break in it. After I fixed them the problem has gone away. Thank you for all the input!