Hello

Saladin45

There is a darkside
Hey all

I want to make the conversion to the 86/87 top end. As I've read, it is basically switching around everything on the top end of the motor. So what I want to know is what parts I should pick up to get this done. I know that G-bodyparts sells the kits, but that costs 2800. I've heard from people like cool84 over on the other boards having done it for less than 1400. I already have some parts that I know I must need. (Intake/Injectors, etc)

But what I would like to know is if there is an actual LIST of things that I need to have to do this. For example, I know I need to have an intercooler/turbo/injectors/intake but what else must I get? Sure, 86/87 ECM, but I would like to know what more is there that must be switched over. If someone could procure a list of the things necessary for the conversion, that would be great. I know alot of people just go and buy a complete motor, but I'm not really trying to do all that. I'd far rather just pick up the peices as I go along. Personal choice.

I've also tried to contact Cool84. But he's apparently fallen off the face of the earth. As it were, he seems to be the only other person that has really done this. (Unless someone else has, and if they have I would greatly appreciate any advice)

So if anyone actually has a list of the parts I need to acquire, I would so greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

-Saladin

Hey all

I want to make the conversion to the 86/87 top end. As I've read, it is basically switching around everything on the top end of the motor. So what I want to know is what parts I should pick up to get this done. I know that G-bodyparts sells the kits, but that costs 2800. I've heard from people like cool84 over on the other boards having done it for less than 1400. I already have some parts that I know I must need. (Intake/Injectors, etc)

But what I would like to know is if there is an actual LIST of things that I need to have to do this. For example, I know I need to have an intercooler/turbo/injectors/intake but what else must I get? Sure, 86/87 ECM, but I would like to know what more is there that must be switched over. If someone could procure a list of the things necessary for the conversion, that would be great. I know alot of people just go and buy a complete motor, but I'm not really trying to do all that. I'd far rather just pick up the peices as I go along. Personal choice.

I've also tried to contact Cool84. But he's apparently fallen off the face of the earth. As it were, he seems to be the only other person that has really done this. (Unless someone else has, and if they have I would greatly appreciate any advice)

So if anyone actually has a list of the parts I need to acquire, I would so greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

-Saladin

I'VE NEVER DONE IT BUT OFF THE TOP PF MY HEAD YOU NEED:

ECM
MISSING WIRING FOR SENSORS OR COMPLETE 86/87 HARNESS
HEADERS
CROSSOVER
COMPLETE TURBO
TURBO BRACKET
BRASS BLOCK FOR OIL FEED
TURBO OIL FEED/RETURN
DOWNPIPE
INTERCOOLER COMPLETE (SCOOP BOTH BRACKETS)
RAD HOLD DOWN & RAD FAN
COMPLETE INTAKE MAIFOLD TOP TO BOTTOM (SENSORS, COIL, IGN MODULE, INJECTORS, INJ HARNESS, ETC...) BUY A COMPLETE INTAKE
EGR SIOLOINDE
FUEL RAIL FEED AND RETURN LINES
TURBO SHEILD
MAF AIR FLOW SENSOR, WITH AIR DUCTING & FILTER
O2 SENSOR

NOT SURE ABOUT THESE BUT YOU MIGHT POSSIBLY NEED:
ASSESORY BRACKET
ALTENATOR, WATER PUMP, POWER STEERING PUMP, AC COMPPRESSOR, TENSIONER
86/87 POWER STERRING RESIVOUR AND ALL PLUBMING
CAM SENSOR

Sorry just reaized cap locks were on, not retyping all of that. You would be better off getting an 86/87 motor and wiring and starting over. Theres one for sale in the magna forum for $1500 thats a great deal. Its missing some stuff but its a good start, a whole lot closer then were you are now.

Yeah but I don't have all the cash at the moment.

Which is why it makes just more sense for me to pick things up as I go along these next 4 months coming up to the beginning of the summer, honestly. It's going to be an accumulative process. I'm not worried, I've got a very reliable mechanic that's going to do this for/with me for the project. Thanks for the listing though man. I'm going to print that all out and start making a checklist for myself. At least in this way I can shop around and get things together for the conversion, the best bang for the buck you know what I mean?

Yeah but I don't have all the cash at the moment.

Which is why it makes just more sense for me to pick things up as I go along these next 4 months coming up to the beginning of the summer, honestly. It's going to be an accumulative process. I'm not worried, I've got a very reliable mechanic that's going to do this for/with me for the project. Thanks for the listing though man. I'm going to print that all out and start making a checklist for myself. At least in this way I can shop around and get things together for the conversion, the best bang for the buck you know what I mean?

Save your $ and buy it all at once, complete motor and assesories. It will be cheaper in the long run and you will save yourself allot of grief and aggrivation.