Head Liner starting to fall

mags

My head liner is starting to fall!! There is about a 6" bubble over the passenger side. I also notice that if you stick your finger into the head liner and pad that it leaves an indentation. So I assume the pad under neath is bad also. The material is like new but I guess its time for a new one. Is ther anything I can do to readhere the material?
Also wher could i get a new headliner? I looked at Kirban and poston web sites but saw nothing. My interior is mint and the falling marterial looks just terrible!!

A number of options: A lot of fabric shops(like JoAnn's) carry the right foam backed/correct color material. You can install it with a spray-on adhesive. The adhesive won't work with what you have, because the foam has rotted. If you remove the headliner yourself, a local upholstery shop will probably re-cover it for you for around $60.00(the going price around here anyway), or remove/re-cover/re-install for a little over $100.00. I believe Brian at gbodyparts.com has a plastic backed headliner that is much more durable than the stock piece.

I went to an interior shop. Paid $200 for the liner and visors installed.

Thanks guys. There is a shop near by here. I'll have to give them a call. I just hope the correct color material is available.

If you do it yourself, get extra material to do the visors. I did it all myself except the visors. I took the excess material and the visors to a local auto interior shop... messy pain in the a** job, but wished I wouldn't have waited so long to do it. :) Also if the corners break while cleaning all the old crap off, just duct tape it back on, it will be hidden with the new material.

Chuck

Good point about the corners of the headliner Chuck, I think most headliner boards will be cracked up by the visors. Like you said I just used some duct tape on them, laid down the glue, and followed with the material. I had an extra hand putting the headliner board back in the car, kind of hard to do by yourself without risking cracking the board!!

Good old RTV(clear silicone) works really well when having to repair the backing board too. Just let it cure overnight