Hawaii Fastest Street Cat Shoot-out

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
November 9th......

$50 run card and a $2 charge for the wrist band......At least Paul's races pays out cash.

Who's planning on running? Remember last time we didn't have enough cars, so we had to race brackets. That was kind of junk if you ask me.

the import series pays out cash now also since paul took over...however its undecided if the high tech class will continue
next yr

i guess in the last meeting last year....some of the buick guys wanted to be seperate from the v8's w/power adders...so paul tried to make a class for v6 turbos...import or domestic....i do not know if paul is continuing that class....as he said...if you can get the numbers....he will and make a class for you....

dont know about you...but the streetcar shootout should be more like car craft's shootout....a drive on the real street....a slalom coarse (3 run average)...1/4 mile drag test (3 runs average)....maybe presentation of vehicle to determine the overall winner...i know it would be an all day event...but it would sound fun and fair....oh well...was just a thought

To me it don't matter now as long we have a domestic class. We have many Turbo buicks in Hawaii but not many run their cars at the raceway, the past race when Paul made a Turbo six cylinder class we did not have enough to make it to the quick 8, so the payout was less then expected. I think we had 5 Buicks, a Supra and a Audi.

You going to race this one Paul? I still have plenty gas left just maybe I can go. You think Dean and Les going to get their cars ready by then?

I'll probably run. Denny and Jay's cars will be running, but not sure if they'll run. Dean and Les' are not going to be ready. Anyone else?? I'd rather have a quick 8 for our class.

That does sound like a fun, but all day event Fugly. Are you going to be ready for the Nov. race?

my n/a project, "mnypit," should be on the ground by then if not rolling on the street....but we will be in disneyland with my little one during the weekend of fastest streetcar shootout.....
oh yah for you guys wondering....the tabios car wont be runnig this event...because he will also be on the mainland...
but this time allen and les (mustang les) might be out in time but do not know for certain until the time comes

after this project my wife's car will come back together so she can race once again

That's good, I'd like to your car with all those goodies:) Have fun in Disneyland!! I seen Les' car at my friends house, in fact I was helping with the plumbing, super nice car, and super nice guy. If Allen and him run, I guess I'll bring alot of beer to just watch.:D I seen your wife walking around the track, but I didn't see you. Have a good trip!!!

your right about bringing the beer just too watch those two run....hopefully theyll be able to take out them big blocks with nitrous and show some small block efi power :D

id have to give the advantage to allen though since hes able to tune on his own dyno....but then again you also have to tune the suspension for the power....guess we will just have to wait and see who will show up....

Sounds like a good spectator night, hope I can make it...No Vodka and OJ if I'm on the bike tho'

Allen's Cobra will not be ready. I don't think that Les Iida will be ready also. Henry's 10 second car will not be running. Good time for the Buicks to show up. See you at the track whether you're racing or watching.

Do you know what are the classes for the Domestics? Or just a heads up High Tech?

i think classes will be the same except for the v6 turbo class...
a true street (N/a class) ...EZ street one power adder...and outlaw...pretty much anything goes....

for those that ran in that class...you know what im talking about :) i know there was quite a few turbo regals/gn's in that class as well as an audi if i remember correctly

I thought that Paul's not going to have that class because we did not have enough to make it to the quick 8 or even at that class. If I recall that day we has 5 Buicks, one Turbo Audi and a Supra. It would be cool to a that class again but there is not too much of us going to race that day? Especially Seima at Vegas that weekend. I think most of you Ford guys will be there also.

isnt that what i said? all the classes except for that one....i think paul should make a street tire class...accepting only dot tires....so drag radials would be legal....with a lot of power...youll have to really drive to the finish line