has anyone tried this????

G

GNSCOTT

I s just wondering....now this may be a dumb idea but.......I really like the look of the stock heater box, so much that i don't care if i have heat. The thing that i would like is to make it removable to work on the engine a little (alot) easier. Has anyone hollowed out the guts, but left the box looking factory, and also made it removable??? Am I a nut??:confused: Thanks:)

OBTW....looking for a set of stage 2 headers for stage 2 heads, something that kees the turbo in the stock location...thanks again.

have removed mine on the race car, but if you cut the flange off of the box, put a lip so you could mount dzus fasteners you could remove it easily for repair work, i did it on my fiberglass dash because it has to be split in two to gte behind the cage, i think it is a great idea, i just love dzus fasteners, when you guys see my car you will know why, and being a helicopter mechanic has a little to do with it.
Grant J Farmer

Grant, thanks for the tip. I think i may start on it today. Its like 60* here in CT.