Harrisburg, PA Newb here

Rodimus_Prime

Dirty Bird
Hello all, I'll be picking up a Turbo Trans AM very soon and I do have some questions

First of all how do I get past state inspection not having a cat, I can't remember how that works been a while since I had a OBD1 car.

Second I think the rear main seal needs replaced, how much does this cost to get, I'd try it myself but I know NOTHING about these motors yet so I'd rather let someone that knows what they are doing fix that. Where and how much?

I am from the Lebanon area, not too far from you. Too pass emissions without a cat, look into registering as a Collectible vehicle. This is differnet than antique or classic. The rear main seal itself is about $15.00-$20.00. The labor is the cost. Never changed one on a TA, not sure if the oil pan comes off without raising the engine.

from what i understand it does need to have the motor lifted up, do you of anyplace that can do this and is experienced with these motors locally?

As for registering as a collectible it looks like the car has to be significantly modified