Hard start problems

RJDRJ06

Please help. I have a 87 gn that is really hard to start in the morning. After it is warmed up it isnt a problem. Does any body have any ideas. I recently changed the coolent temp switch and the MAF sensor switch. It didnt help. Thanks for any suggestions.

We're probably going to need further details. For example:

Slow cranking = possibly a bad ground, or starter going bad.

Cranks for several seconds before starting = probably losing fuel pressure overnight. Next morning, try turning on the key for 3 seconds, off, and then back on again and see if it starts more quickly.

yes it looses fuel pressure overnight. I have left the key i run until pressure builds up. Starter is fine . It acts like it wants to start. It usually takes about 10 to 15 times then it starts. And the nits fine for the whole day.

I had a simular problem. check your fuel pressure and pump.. you may have to low of fuel pressure ..

What should the pressure at start up and then at run?

look for at least 40 psi fuel pressure(you may have to prime twice;key on ,no start)then turn off,wait 30 sec prime again).fuel pump should run/prime a couple of seconds each time... also see what your oil pressure is....(your fp relay may be bad,and the oil pressure sending unit is sending voltage to fuel pump after oil pressure builds up)...hopefully you have an oil pressure gage?