Guy wants to trade this GN for my Ty just not sure any help ??

thunderace31

Banned
Ok here is the deal this guy wants to trade this for my Typhoon
Im leary because its really dirty and 2 he says he has not had it but 10 months and dosnt have the time for it.
Here is his Photo Bucket album 87 Grand National pictures by SS86 - Photobucket

He says it has a 57-63mm Precision Turbo but it looks bigger to me and with the 4 bolt Down pipe flange I have never seen a turbo that small set up that way. Also has a large Cotton style front mount and the dumb Butts cut the bumper out to "Get more air to it"

Next he says he got it from an old man Im hopping he see's this post and says hay thats my old car! Or someone will know the thing and can give me more info on it. THe Fuel lines are run strange over the left hand fender (Blue lines in engine bay shot) He has no idea what Injectors are in it but thinks they are low-z and the ECM is modded for them.
He says he has the Front Bumper Fillers and there already painted. Paint is factory and looks a mess.
What do you guys think its really worth if it was cleaned up??

Thanks for your thought

32 Hits on this and not one opioin?? Not one coment??
Not do the deal no dont man the one time I need help with something important and everyone bails on me :mad:

if your typhoon is a complete piece of crap then it would make a good even trade.

That thing is a mess don't do it looks worse than my car that my wife bent my left front door and i wouldn't trade cars with him

That thing is a mess don't do it looks worse than my car that my wife bent my left front door and i wouldn't trade cars with him

Ah he tried to trade you as well ??

Just looking to see if anyone may have seen this thing in person he wants 10,500 for it and I think he is out of mind I was trying to get him to put some cash up with it and he said no so now Im thinking Im going to pass on it.
I know there has to be something wrong with just by the looks of it in the photos.

Thanks for the replys and info.
They Ty is super nice appraised for $16,000 has new everything and really really nice inside. Have an add in the cars for sale section as well.

I just looked at your Ty inthe for sale section. No way in HELL would I trade for that GN. No offense in case someone here does own that GN, but it looks like a complete POS in those pics, especially compared to your Ty. That thing is gorgeous.

never, it has all the signs of being beat on.... I love Tys and GNs, but there is something about a clea Ty that is just SO sweet, and a flogged Gn isnt close.

Ah he tried to trade you as well ??

Just looking to see if anyone may have seen this thing in person he wants 10,500 for it and I think he is out of mind I was trying to get him to put some cash up with it and he said no so now Im thinking Im going to pass on it.
I know there has to be something wrong with just by the looks of it in the photos.

Thanks for the replys and info.
They Ty is super nice appraised for $16,000 has new everything and really really nice inside. Have an add in the cars for sale section as well.

No he did not try to trade me i.m saying with a bent door and my car is in better shape than that thing

Late comer to the thread, but you made a wise move passing on that deal. I think you'd be regretting it within a few hours. The engine bay looks like it was extracted from a dig in Egypt.

You may already know this but your best bet is to sell your Ty outright and then let cash be your negotiator for your new vehicle. Just too many variables in trying to swap/ trade whether it's even/ outright or cash boot either side. I've tried that over the years and just not worth the hassle I've experienced. Good luck!

Any TR owner that lets his engine bay look like that needs to be beaten. IMO that GN has been dogged. :cool:

I am sure someone is willing to trade you cars, if you have seen this in person and really like it then go for it. It looks ok inside but that engine bay:eek::eek::eek: Can anyone say PRESSURE WASHER! :cool:

87 GN with a digital dash? I swore they only came with those in 86. I guess just a grille switch and change the year for most though.

87 GN with a digital dash? I swore they only came with those in 86. I guess just a grille switch and change the year for most though.

A friend of mine has an 87 GN with digital dash. He's the original owner and the car is bone stock. It came in the car when it was new, I remember when he drove it home. I was 15 and that was the first digital dash I'd ever seen. Matter of fact it's for sale now for 10500 if anyone knows someone interested. :)

That's a nice TY by the way. I've always wanted one and I'd probably trade you my GN if it wasn't so far away.

First red flag is its a GN owner wanting to trade a GN for a SyTy :tongue:

kidding of course

that car looks like its been abused!