GTA wheels to keep or not to keep?

Lt4-turbo

Just bought a grand National that came with a set of GTA wheels front and rear. Car has aftermarket wheels on it now that look like crap.
Should I keep the nice GTA wheels and fork out the money for spacers and tires or try to sell the wheels and find some Stock GN wheels and tires?

Just bought a grand National that came with a set of GTA wheels front and rear. Car has aftermarket wheels on it now that look like crap.
Should I keep the nice GTA wheels and fork out the money for spacers and tires or try to sell the wheels and find some Stock GN wheels and tires?

All boils down to personal preference. Personally I love the GTA wheels when the spokes are painted black and the outside rims are shiny aluminum. Really sets off the black Grand National. They are supposed to have less unsprung weight than the stock steel GN wheels. I only got the American Torque Thrusts II on my GN at the time because I couldn't find a set of the GTA wheels at an affordable price. Of course, I love the Torque Thrusts with the black and will stay with them, the GNX look with your wheels is just awesome! More unsprung weight equals better handling on the road for you. It's your decision. GTA ,GNX wheels are just great with the Grand National. Like two peas in a pod.:D But it's a matter of personal taste...just do what YOU want to do. It's your gem.:tongue:

Bruce '87 Grand National

What do you guys think the GTA wheels are worth compared to what it would cost me to buy a set of factory wheels? Could I offset some of the cost of the tires by going the stock route?

What do you guys think the GTA wheels are worth compared to what it would cost me to buy a set of factory wheels? Could I offset some of the cost of the tires by going the stock route?

The GTA wheels are not worth anything... I tell you what.. I'll pay the shipping costs to take them off your hands.

Mike Casteel<----- whistlin with fingers crossed:D

The GTA wheels are not worth anything... I tell you what.. I'll pay the shipping costs to take them off your hands.

Mike Casteel<----- whistlin with fingers crossed:D

LOL !!!!:D:biggrin: Nice try!!!!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Nice try mcasteel but not good enough.
But really about what is a set GTA wheels in nice shape worth?
What is a nice set of stock wheels worth. Just trying to decide if I should go ahead and fork out some money for the 16" tires or sell the wheels and try to buy some stock wheels. Thanks!

The GTA's are significantly lighter than the stock steel wheels. I have the GTA's, but I also have my stock steel wheels to switch back to every now and then.
I say buy the tires to fit...

i paid about 400 for a set a few months ago w/ decent tires. little wear, freshly powdercoated, i dont think u will need spacers if u dont get crazy with the width of the tires... the GNX/GTA wheels look hot on a nice shiny black GN,,cant go wrong...that my 2 cents...

I just saw the adapters to make the rear wheels fit on e-bay for $215 shipped. I don't know If I want them that bad. WOW!

are the wheels both "fronts" or "fronts" and "rear" GTA's. If they are all "fronts" you dont need spacers unless you want the look of the wheel out more.

I have two fronts and two rears. I was excited about the wheels comming with the car but after finding out how much the adapters are I am not so excited anymore.

I have the same wheels on mine. You dont need $200 adapters. If you want the wheels spaced out like mine for a more aggressive look you need 1" adapter on rear using a "front rim". And a 5/16 spacer in front using a "rear rim". I got the adapters here..Billet Wheel Adapters Spacers
and the spacers at a Autozone.

I have the same wheels on mine. You dont need $200 adapters. If you want the wheels spaced out like mine for a more aggressive look you need 1" adapter on rear using a "front rim". And a 5/16 spacer in front using a "rear rim". I got the adapters here..Billet Wheel Adapters Spacers
and the spacers at a Autozone. You could just bolt the "front" to the rear and if it looks ok to you then you dont need the adapter, just get the 5/16 spacer for the "rear" in the front.

WAY2QWK, So I could just run the fronts on the rear and buy the 5/16 spacer and run the rears on the front? As long as I like the way it looks.
Would that make it pretty close to like I was running 4 fronts?
Thanks so much for the help.

WAY2QWK, So I could just run the fronts on the rear and buy the 5/16 spacer and run the rears on the front? As long as I like the way it looks.
Would that make it pretty close to like I was running 4 fronts?
Thanks so much for the help.

That is correct.

I went ahead and ordered the adapters Today. A board member sent me a pm with a link where I got them for $59.95. Thanks for the help everyone. Now I just have to find some tires.

Ya I forgot to mention the fronts with the 5/16 spacer will need longer wheel studs. I used some from ARP.