Great winter or all season daily driver!

Low Budget

1998 Subaru Outback Ltd. Wagon

AWD and decent gas mileage. Drives very nice. Lots of new and almost new parts. In fact, parted out, this car would be worth a great deal more than my asking price. It has a completely new exhaust system worth almost $2,000 alone. High quality Goodyear tires (no bottom of the barrel tires for my cars) with at least 95% tread. The brake pads and rotors are very good. Front axles, boots and various other front end parts were replaced in the last couple years. Alternator is a pretty new item too. Heated leather seats that look good yet and work. It is the best car in the snow I have ever driven. Other than high mileage and what sounds like a rear axle bearing noise, this car is good to go. It's currently tagged, inspected and insured, so come drive it! In addition to my '87 GN, I now have two other newer AWD cars and one 4wd Blazer. This is a quite unneeded 5th car in a 3 driver household.

Yes, the A/C works too!!

$1,800 firm.

Jeff

Since I can't seem to figure out how to post some photos of it here, use this link to see them! Photos Here!

1dollardog,

Chassis has a bit over 279,000, but you'd never know it to drive it. The engine is a 2.5. It is from a 1999 Subaru that had 60,000. It now has about 127,000 on it including the 60,000 from the donor car. About 20,000 miles ago, it got new head gaskets, valve cover and other related gaskets, timing belt, plugs, and whatever else makes sense to do when head gaskets are done. The job was done right, ie: heads shaved, etc. Genuine Subaru parts were used. Not aftermarket parts. 20,000 miles or so proves the job was correct, since all is well. I learned from talking to guys that use the 2.5 Subaru engine for custom built airplanes, that the head gaskets on these engines are not faulty. They only blow from improperly purged air in the cooling system super heating certain areas around the gaskets. If care is taken to remove all the air when replacing the coolant, the head gaskets should last the life of the engine. In my opinion, it is worth having the 2.5 over the 2.2 for the extra power. The 2.2's seem a little lazy to me. I hope that answers your questions and more!

Jeff