Great deal on XFI

My memory has not failed at all. And I did witness EVERYTHING,Even the obvious

B I really didnt hear anything other than you went to F.A.S.T and took Mike with you.Never heard details

Not really trying to get at anything.

Its cool you went Big stuff 3.Im not down playing it.
But you guys talk like you have a ton of expierience with Big Stuff.
Did you get a chance to run it yet?

Point A: So you do know

Point B: Details are my box has been repaired. At least my overall repair bill is limited to a NEW ENGINE and I didn't have to pay to have the XFI box fixed.

You know the answers to the last questions you asked me.

Im glad we are such good friends.

Sucks when stuff happens and ruins friendships

I shoulndt have even come into this thread,Sorry

Im glad we are such good friends.

Sucks when stuff happens and ruins friendships

Not sure who's friendship has been ruined. Seems pretty silly for anybody to be upset with anybody over a ECU that cost somebody THOUSANDS of dollars and months of time down, but if one is willing to throw out a supposed friendship over this than one may wonder what kind of friendship there ever was. :confused:

Ted,
The link in your sig to Otto's website is incorrect, just wanted to point that out in the event you made a mistake. Sorry about your misfortune, sucks for anyone to have to spend that kind of money and piss it away on one pass.

Make sure to have your Bill Anderson link correct.
He had much more hair back then and was more of a ladies man
BillAnderson.com

Nothing but hits Bill!!!

Ted, sorry to hear about this. I hate to see a fellow racer loose as much money as an engine cost but I don't see bashing FAST or any other vendor as being the thing to do. I think all of us who have pushed for better performance and et's have been in the same boat. I have broken 2 trannies and 2 motors testing converters costing me thousand's. What did I get out of it...nothing but experience to make different decisions the next time around. Yes it sucks but that's racing.

How many on this board lost motors due to the roller cam issue?

How many wiped out motors making the swap to T400's and killed thrust bearings?

We all have growing pains. Sorry it cost you a motor. Too bad the Stage 2 motor's are so expensive and hard to come by now days. Had it been a SBC you'd be going for half the $$$:wink:

We all trust our $$$$$ to tiny pieces of wire and electronics. Bad things are bound to happen. If we don't want to take that chance we should all go back to carb's.

I can't say which is better. I never had any issues with my XFI. Not sure what happened with your reflash whether it was hardware or someting in the update itself. Was this an official release from FAST?

Since I work in an industry where quality is your business I'm familiar with the ISO standards. FAST is ISO certified and meets the strict guidelines placed on a company to do so. How about Big Stuff? Is Meaney building these in the kitchen or does he have some way of knowing each box is up too par and can guarantee no issues? I have seen problems with them also. My friend works for a well known performance shop and deals with all the big name EFI systems. I will leave names out of it but he has sent more than 1 Big Stuff back, some of them for good and put the XFI on. Same goes for XFI. One local swapped the XFI for Big Stuff. Each one will have a problem, we all just hope it doesn't happen to us.

Dusty, the checksums didn't match on Lances desk. The box shut down, reset and failed again. The flash was not a public release and I was aware of that when it was loaded, but it was (confirmed) that the file went corrupt.

I have not bashed any vendors here, but the point of this is to inform people of a mishap from a box, no rumors, just fact.

I am sure others have had problems with BS3, Motec, ect, but in the end, you usually find that there was a issue with a vendor not supporting it and getting to the bottom of the problem. Most of the time when and if they find the problem they NEVER clear the vendor and say "Hey I did something wrong", they just leave the public to believe it was the box or whatever.

I have heard of plenty TH400's roller cams, ect causing problems for people. You don't hear very often when a ECU had failed and blew a motor. Now the public can beware.

How about Big Stuff? Is Meaney building these in the kitchen or does he have some way of knowing each box is up too par and can guarantee no issues?

I guess my blowup and ECU failure proves how great the ISO stuff is. GM has problems with their cars and they are ISO. The space shuttle blows up and that's NASA. I have never been in Johns kitchen so I am not sure if he might not work on a box or two while eating lunch, but speaking of kitchens here is a picture of mine.

pictureix2.jpg

I'm not sure how bashing the XFI is going to help Mike sell his box :confused:

Dave, I don't know why you didn't call me in the first place regarding this issue. I would be curious to know what changed Mike's mind about the system.

Even though the system was bought last year, I will give you a FULL REFUND towards the BS3 you guys now want. We sell nearly one XFI/day. I doubt we will get stuck with it. Call me, and we can work out the details.

I had that set in Salem and it crept 9-inches and red lighted and gave the race away.

Art,
Even though you didn't buy the system from me, I would be more than willing to help you sort out the transbrake creep feature. Keep in mind, the values change as the load increases.

BTW: Beautiful kitchen, Ted.

I'm not sure how bashing the XFI is going to help Mike sell his box :confused:

I would be curious to know what changed Mike's mind about the system.

Even though the system was bought last year, I will give you a FULL REFUND towards the BS3 you guys now want. We sell nearly one XFI/day. I doubt we will get stuck with it. Call me, and we can work out the details.

I think the scattered motor in BPG and the confirmed bad ECU scared Mick and he decided he did not want to risk his investment on XFI.

I think the ad was up for a while and you even posted on another XFI for sale thread. In any case I think it is pretty cool to offer a FULL REFUND for the system and if you are interested in helping me sell my box I would appreciate the help. Give me a shout today. :cool:

I think the ad was up for a while and you even posted on another XFI for sale thread. In any case I think it is pretty cool to offer a FULL REFUND for the system and if you are interested in helping me sell my box I would appreciate the help. Give me a shout today. :cool:

Since the ad was posted, Dave hasn't called me. I didn't know it was Mike's XFI until you made me aware of it. I will be happy to help you sell your XFI even though it was bought over a year ago from another vendor. Call me with the details (how much, harness's, WBO2, etc..)

So did they find it was it the flash that corrupted it?

BTW Nice toy airplane. I would have thought after watching the guys pick up all the peices of your motor
you would have learned a thing or 2 about picking up after yourself:biggrin:

So did they find it was it the flash that corrupted it?

BTW Nice toy airplane. I would have thought after watching the guys pick up all the peices of your motor
you would have learned a thing or 2 about picking up after yourself:biggrin:

Otto, I'm sure Lance Ward can fill you in on the details of the mishap if you are interested.

When you have Kids playing $hit flys everywhere. After seeing the pictures of your garage when working on Michael Fells car you really don't have any place telling me how to clean up after myself. :rolleyes: