Grand National and GNX are returning!!

Interestingly enough the ATS Coupe was put on hold until june due to budget concerns, the same time GM trademarked the names Grand National and GNX. Maybe Cadillac had to share the coupe platform with Buick in order to make the budget work. A rear wheel drive two door Buick Powered by a turbo V6 works for me.

I'll not be getting used to a more door. Nor will I own one. Nice for those who want to cruise their moms ride. I NEED a coupe if they want to put my name on the dotted line.
Old School or nothing for me no matter the badges.

It's going to be a coupe.

I'll not be getting used to a more door. Nor will I own one. Nice for those who want to cruise their moms ride. I NEED a coupe if they want to put my name on the dotted line.
Old School or nothing for me no matter the badges.

Rich, do you hear yourself though? You sound like the guys who ran their old muscle car before the '87 Grand National came out, and they were crying about the V6 that was in it, and wouldn't sign on the dotted line unless it had a V8. I think its great that Buick is doing this, in fact, I would LOVE to see a twin turbo V6 Grand National with AWD and show those Nissan GTR fan boys how its really done... :D

It's a rear drive, two door twin turbo coupe. What more could you ask for. The head of GM owned a GNX and his father was the one who greenlit the original GNX. I think we're going to be ok. Everyone calm down and be happy. I posted all the articles in an earlier post.

There is so much wrong with that design / concept.. won't even bother going into it, because unless your blind you already know !!

What part of SEDAN, leads you to believe it will be a coupe ????

Either way I like it. the GS is a great car to drive and with some more power it will be even better, it will be faster stock for stack than the original I bet too.
Mike

Hope none of you watch NASCAR much. They use 4-doors all the time and make them look like 2-doors. But they're really 4-doors. 200 mph 4-doors, pure junk, so wrong. Haha.

There is a link that shows the new C7 LTI and then down at the bottom of the page, you will see the TWIN T V6

I've watched the video and read the article on CorvetteOnline several times, and the engine at the beginning of the video is definitely different than the one on the tilt stand. I don't conclude from these that the new twin-turbo V6 is based on the new LT1, and I don't conclude that the new LT1 is twin-turbocharged. The information released by GM shows that the new LT1 is a naturally-aspirated, two-valve V8. I posted a link to one of many articles about it already. Now, I wouldn't be surpised if they are looking to turbocharge or supercharge the LT1 for high-end applications - the GDI on the new LT1 would make this very doable.

The twin-turbo V6's (3.0L and 3.6L) appear to be based on the current "LF?" family of DOHC, four-valve per cylinder V6 engines. Just the name "LF3" (see article below) makes it appear that the LF family V6 is being used. Note that the names "LF1" is the older 3.0L version of this engine, the "LFW" is the flex-fuel version, and the "LFX" is the 3.6L version used in the current Camaro. I would be surprised if GM took the 90-degree LT1 V8, chopped off two cylinders, and added two turbochargers. They would end-up with a 90 degree V6 engine with pushrods and two-valves per cylinder (sound familiar?) - hardly world-class in this market. It would make a lot more sense for them to start with their already world-class LF 60-degree DOHC V6 architecture and add turbos to it (similar to what Ford did for EcoBoost). That might be what we are seeing on the tilt stand in the above video, although it's hard to tell for sure.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1073377_gm-developing-pair-of-twin-turbo-v-6-engines-report

Or maybe I'm wrong? This is GM we are talking about...

A two-door coupe would look better, but in today's world, a four-door sedan would sell a lot better... GM is no longer in the business of losing money just for the helk of it.

If it's 350+ hp, RWD, nice looking, and has a nice interior, then I'm happy. Oh, and it needs to be black, too.

We'll see soon enough.

Wonder how this would effect the value of our cars? Hell, I couldn't afford one even they do build one.:( If they do, it should be a two door, wish they would go more retro ala the Challenger but don't see that happening.

Here's what we will probably end up with.........

burgundy-buick-lucerne-golf-cart.jpg

It's a rear drive, two door twin turbo coupe. What more could you ask for. The head of GM owned a GNX and his father was the one who greenlit the original GNX. I think we're going to be ok. Everyone calm down and be happy. I posted all the articles in an earlier post.

And that GNX, that being GNX 449 is alive and doing well! Never thought when I bought the car, it would be attached to a legacy!

I'll bet you dollars to donuts my vision turns out to be closer than yours. Now, calm down and be happy.:D;)

4 doors.... no thank you. They say sedans sell better, but the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang seem to be doing pretty well....

One thing is for certain... GM will either royally FK it up, or get it completely perfect and price it into the stratosphere.

Either way, I'm out.. lol.

The two things I would like to add are... 1) If anyone orders a brand new Grand National in any color other than black they should be shot. 2) It seems to be all speculation at this point anyway.