Got Spanked!

Vigor 87GN

I started the car up today for the first time in about a week or two. Since i had it started up already i figured i might as well go for a cruise. So im driving around messin around a little, letting the car breath. And i pull up to a light and some odd looking vehicle comes flying up as an attempt to get me at the light while its still red.
Turns out to be one of those el camino's,,, sounded like a beast as it got closer i knew i was in for some fun, car had after market welds, with some pretty decent heart in the back. a hefty sized cowl hood and a couple gauges inside, car also looked like it had a roll cage but my observation time was running out. the light turned green while i was checking out his ride and he took off and grabbed me by a car, i nailed it. spun the (wheel) for about 20 feet. and caught up to him, we were neck and neck. and next thing i know he bounces on ME! he pulled a 3 car lead out of no where.

Sounds to me like he sprayed it. we he finally slowed down and we pulled into a gas station. and i asked him what it ran, he said low low 12's on motor and low 11's on spray. and i asked him if he sprayed me and he had a little smirk and said "naw"... so im guessing he did... but anyways he was a pretty cool guy in his late 20's. and that was that

thats one thing i hate about guys running nitrous! they never admit if they used it or not! in the summer if your window is down you can smell it but in the winter its hard to tell. i HATE that crap. they also never adnit what size shot they use either.

Babies are bottle fed!

It's run what u brung, but I have to admit that I think spray is gay LOL:D IMHO, spray is a crutch for a weak car, and u always have to refill the bottle, and sooner or later you'll get caught with no bottle! Oh well, u win some u lose some, but at least u know u don't need the bottle like those N/A V8 guys;) BTW, I know some mustang or other V8 guy will chime in and say "it's all the same cause u have a turbo and it's just like N20 cause they're both power adders", so please don't waste your time hehe:p

Please don't take this the wrong way because I would own a GN in a heartbeat but, aren't hairdryers for women?;)

Yeah, and real men get blown, right?;) LOL. Naw, honestly I'm not really a fan of nitrous, but there's no debating that it doesn't work. I just like having a fast car without having to fill up bottles, although, C16 definitely isn't cheap, but I haven't had to worry about that since I got my SMC alky kit. 22lbs of boost on 93 octane pump gas is a beautiful thing:D BTW, what is the highest shot of nitrous u can run on pump fuel? I think the ls1 and lt1 fbody guys run 125 dry shot?

Tell me about this Elcamino. We had one stolen this fall that had a full rollcage. It was a 72 and was painted flat primer black. It was a backhalf car with a small block on nitrous. Anyone see it??????????? Thanks.

Ah, the neverending nitrous debate

My cousin is a mustang guy and belives nitrous as Gospel. We went to the track in mid- October, he wanted to spray his, well, spray. The first run we were lined up together, he ran 15.10 to my 12.47:D ( his run was on motor to get a baseline ). The next 2 runs he made were a 13.85 and a 14.0 and was trying to tell me he wasn't spraying because he forgot to arm it:confused:

Now, you can't tell me he didn't have it spraying the last 2 times, especially when every gear he hit you could see the black puff of smoke and could smell it on top of that.

Excuses, excuses:rolleyes:

Donnie

Originally posted by Men in Black
Tell me about this Elcamino. We had one stolen this fall that had a full rollcage. It was a 72 and was painted flat primer black. It was a backhalf car with a small block on nitrous. Anyone see it??????????? Thanks.
'
This elcomino was actually black, with a pretty large cowl hood. the guy said he had a worked 350 in it with spray. also had drag lite wheels.