Got some powerlogger data thats needs a look at

GBGN1

stroked
default_57.png
Hope I did this right--Shoot not working. Will have to get with the person with the original file

Here's the file. See Brian's set up in his sig. Car surges at idle, and obviously the ecm is confused about things. You can see the surging idle at the tail end of the file, where the rpm and timing keep jumping around. There's another spot where this happens, we had just pulled into a parking lot and were idling along, I think this was around the 340-350 sec mark. It's weird - BLMs just hit the floor, most going down to 90, so it is obviously pulling fuel out, but then sitting there at idle it just goes dead lean. It's a puzzler. One thing I did notice is that the 3rd gear/4th gear switch isn't working, it thinks it is in 4th gear all the time.

I've got more files, where we changed the setting in the Gen2 to the Extender setting, and where we lowered the fuel pressure, if anyone wants to see those too.

John

Attachments

• Brian 2013-06-27 A .dat
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
Here's the file. See Brian's set up in his sig. Car surges at idle, and obviously the ecm is confused about things. You can see the surging idle at the tail end of the file, where the rpm and timing keep jumping around. There's another spot where this happens, we had just pulled into a parking lot and were idling along, I think this was around the 340-350 sec mark. It's weird - BLMs just hit the floor, most going down to 90, so it is obviously pulling fuel out, but then sitting there at idle it just goes dead lean. It's a puzzler. One thing I did notice is that the 3rd gear/4th gear switch isn't working, it thinks it is in 4th gear all the time.

I've got more files, where we changed the setting in the Gen2 to the Extender setting, and where we lowered the fuel pressure, if anyone wants to see those too.

John

Look at the integrator when the BLM falls to the floor. I've got nothing to say but weird.

At the same time the O2 volts are floored

Are you sure the Gen2 is set up correctly for the chip and MAF? What settings are you using for MAF input and MAF ouput? Also was the MAF new or used, or modified?

Maf input: 3.5 plastic
Maf output: extrem/ pro
Brand new GM of 3 weeks ago ls1 3.5
Unmodified

I'm going to see if someone in my area will let me borrow a plain translator and see.if it changes :(

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That was the Gen2 and chip that you sent to me to run. Everything ran perfectly on my car, BLMs +/-5 of 128.
Is your new MAF the plastic type?
Maybe there is a wiring problem with the Gen2 install?
I might have already asked, but have you verified your injectors are 80's?

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1372620879.344668.jpg

Yes 80's
Only thing wiring that could be bad is the plug and play harness- but I have No Codes with this and everything reads like its working.

I did get a different maf sensor -

If I change the maf out to something else the idle improves but still isn't right.

Yes plastic ls1 sensor
With piggy tale

Ok, that's the right setting for for that sensor.
I wonder if you're getting bad info from the O2 sensor, driving the BLM's down.
Do you know how to put the chip into full time open loop mode? I would reset the ECM so the BLM's go back to 128, then put it into open loop mode. See how it runs like that.
Let me know if you need help on the open loop mode.

No ill have to look at the directions but I do know when the values are fixed on 128 the car runs better. What would this mean?

Sorry, I guess that chip has open loop idle mode only. However, you might be able to unplug the O2 sensor to put into open loop loop full time.

Why would that be necessary ? If that helps then what?

Just a test to see if it runs good without O2 input. Might indicate a problem in the O2 sensor, wiring, or ECM.

Ok but I already replaced sensor unit 2 weeks ago , different ECM from pick a part 4 weeks ago. Just would have to probe wire I guess.

The chip is set up to let the engine go into closed loop at a certain temp right?

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing - the MAT reading. When I was logging Brian's car, the PowerLogger was giving these super cold IAT's: -87F, -80F, -62F, stuff like that. His ScanMaster was reading 71F. Both devices are getting their signals from the ecm... so what's up with that? Brian said he thought the chip was set up to ignore the MAT completely, and that value was supposed to be locked in. So is this supposed to read this way, is this indicative of the problem, or what?

John

Full time open loop - He has the Extreme G chip, though I note he says it is an "alky" chip, so does that mean it is a little different than the instructions I downloaded? The instructions I got say that he should be able to put it into full time open loop?

Also, I thought the defaults on the last two rows of BLM cells were 0,0,8,8 (for both rows). I notice that with his, cell 11 has a value of 9, not 8. We did not touch the chip settings whatsoever when we started logging, the chip was freshly popped into my ecm. Supposed to be this way, or another clue?

John

Hey John,
The MAT wiring is being used for timing control, so ignore those readings.
There is little difference with an alky version, but the boost dc may be higher (probably why you see 9 in cell 11, which is the default boost dc).

You are right on the full time open loop. I knew the older chips had it but for some reason I missed it in the instructions. So you would set param 12 to 8.

Eric