Got smoked last night

pwr6kid

Heading to a car meet with a few friends. It was my Buick, an AMC Eagle, and a Merkur XR4TI. I’m in the process of tuning/playing with a new fuel combo, so the Merkur and I are playing around. After that I see head lights pull up to my left and hear a turbo. Not thinking I thought it was the AMC, till I look over and see a BUICK! I was excited to see another GN on the road I didn’t thing to click the car in 3rd. After an eye up or two he hits the gas. Not thinking I hit the gas after he was half a car out. Need less to say he pulled on me the whole time. After we race my passenger said to me “you shouldn’t have tried.” I asked why and his response was “he has DARE plates and every car with then has beaten the colt every time.” The colt it a 4g61 factory turbo car that they have every thing under the sun done to the car, Alky, no2 for spool up, and a 70mm turbo. So in the end I get walked for picking on my friend. At least it was a fellow Buick enthuses.:biggrin:

Heading to a car meet with a few friends. It was my Buick, an AMC Eagle, and a Merkur XR4TI. I’m in the process of tuning/playing with a new fuel combo, so the Merkur and I are playing around. After that I see head lights pull up to my left and hear a turbo. Not thinking I thought it was the AMC, till I look over and see a BUICK! I was excited to see another GN on the road I didn’t thing to click the car in 3rd. After an eye up or two he hits the gas. Not thinking I hit the gas after he was half a car out. Need less to say he pulled on me the whole time. After we race my passenger said to me “you shouldn’t have tried.” I asked why and his response was “he has DARE plates and every car with then has beaten the colt every time.” The colt it a 4g61 factory turbo car that they have every thing under the sun done to the car, Alky, no2 for spool up, and a 70mm turbo. So in the end I get walked for picking on my friend. At least it was a fellow Buick enthuses.:biggrin:

Thats the only way i would be ok with it!!! Atleast it wasnt a Crustang!!!

Thank God it was a Buick!!!
....I thought you were gonna say your 11 second GN got smoked by a AMC Eagle, and a Merkur XR4TI.:eek:

Mean chicken I would be really mad if I lost to the XR4TI since I’m the one who has been “guiding” the kid on turbo cars. Can’t have a 2.3 four cylinder on 15 psi beating up on me, especially since its got my old duttneck ic on it since it’s a non ic car. As for loosing to a mustang I’ve had my butt handed to me before but a 347 aluminum headed notch on motor. I blame the over ported wg hole, left on 2 psi and didn’t hit 23 till 70-80 ft out.:rolleyes:

I though you were going to say that the XR4ti was the car that spankked you as well. Haven't seen one of those in quite some time. That would have been pretty damn funny. Can't feel too bad in getting beat by another fast Buick. :cool: