got rice?

denn454

turbo swimmer
this is a really sad, pathetic kill. like killing a tied up deer or something like that. but still fun, and very funny.

there is a guy i work with that has a 90 something toyota paseo. yea, you heard right. its probably the most ricedo ut car i've ever seen. bat mobile body kit, purpleish "flames" on a black car, and a wing big enough to make a 747 jelous. i think all he has done to it is a air tube with one of those "high flow" blue filters they sell at auto zone, and a huge muffler. all on a 1.8 liter economy built engine.

before he even came to work there i heard about him and his car, so i told everyone there not to say anything about my car being fast, or he'll want to race me and i really don't want to waste my time with that. so when ever he askes about my car i just tell him its an old turbo v6 regal, i don't know what year, like an 83 or something. after a day filled with him talking crap i decided i couldnt' take it any more, i pulled out $100 and told him to shut up and race me. as you can guess he didn't do it for the money, he didn't have his race chip in... but he did agree to a race. so at the risk of making him think i have a fast car and scaring him away from racing me for money later i took the wastegate linkage off and went out to a deserted road, with everyone i work with following us. he put 1 1/2 - 2 car legnths on me off the line, but after 5 blocks i had him by roughly 3 car legnths then lifted so he wouldnt' get suspecious, i think i might have hit 50 mph, MAYBE. so after the race we go back to where we started, everyone is trying to keep a straight face as i congradulate him on how fast his car runs, he even poped the hood so i could be impressed:rolleyes:.

i've neve felt a car go as slow as mine did that run, and i've never seen someone actually think that was fast. he said it will be a close race once he gets his chip in and some race fuel, i'll have to race him for a few hundred bucks then... he's allready agreed to it.

does doing this to a poor ricer make me a bad guy, because i sure feel like it, and i like the feeling:D

I knew a guy that had a turbo Paseo that ran mid 12's.I saw that car beat up on a few GN's.

The late John Meyer's, pro stock bike racer,built the cars turbo kit.John also had a few TR's and owned a turbo shop.

But yea,theyre pathetic.I think 99hp is all that the engine is factory rated:)

this guy wants a turbo, and wants the car to run 10's. you'll never guess which movie he watches over and over and over...

someone told him i run 13's and i've beat a z06 before so now he thinks hes running 14's and can blow away most any car out there. i've created a monster...

thanks ok, i'll take his money and then he'll shut up.

i can't believe that he has EVER won a single race with that car. it would be a pretty cool car if it were fast and looked stock, could be a good sleeper. with a ton of work.... and a small block chevy...

dude, that is funny as hell

i know a couple of guys that sound like they could be related to this guy your talking about

Must be a clan, cuz there's plenty of them out here...

As for movie guesses, I'm thinking:

"Herbie and the Love Bug",

or

"Not Fast, and Pretty Furious"

"The Slow and Lame"

"Have Wingz, Can't Fly"

Here in Northern Cal, you see everything you can think of, and $hit you can't even imagine.

Jim

Originally posted by denn454
does doing this to a poor ricer make me a bad guy, because i sure feel like it, and i like the feeling:D
Bad person? Noooooooo...

I consider it an educating experience. :D I enjoy racing ricers with my 230hp Regal.

he insists on putting on a new header and some other stuff my other friend is telling him will help make it faster, and drain his wallet. all the money is going to my other friend...

i'm ALMOST thinking about just askign him to race again and blow him away, hes a good guy and all and i'd hate to take his money, wait, what am i saying.... :D

i told him with his chip, not missing 2nd some mobil 1 oil and maybe some 98 vp fuel and he'd be able to beat me... i'll see if he takes the bait.

I saw a post somwhere here about putting ice under the hood, maybe you should suggest that! Also, tell him to remove the cigarette lighter. Not only for the weight savings but it could be a bad lighter with a short (because of heat) and not letting the full voltage get to the fuel pump. tell him to wax it (aerodymanics: dirt creates resistance) and remove the windshild wipers.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing, before you race him again, tell him to make sure the gear selector is in "R" for "Race" and the fuel gauge says "E" for "Enough"

:rolleyes:

daily updates huh? well to start with he comes to work every day stoned out of his gord, or if he doesnt' have time to do it before work, he does it at work...:rolleyes:

hum... what else?

the day after the "race" he came up to me and asked me what i thought of his "little rice burner" i couldnt' lie so i told him it wasn't quite what i expected.

i'll definatly suggest the ice, he'll definatly buy that one. the cigerette lighter will work if i get a few other guys at work in on it. i like the wiper blades thing too.

if i remember it i'll try to get a picture of his car

I go to the university of northwestern ohio, it is an auto college. Well anyway a lot of the ricers there gut the interior completely! and put in buckets with those fake role bars, you know the interior is too much weight. You should try that one on for size.

I actually have a 98 s-10 (crap) but i did some electronics work to it and straight pipe (wich did not do much for performance but did do something for mpg's) and have blown away a riced out acura s-type or somthing and mid 80's firebird 5.0 and some others. Nothing elese done. I guess my point is if you want to rice a car out right, its all about modulating the signals from the sensors.

again, i do what i can...

just a little update on this guy. he stold a phone charger from my boss, great idea. so today my boss saw it setting on his seat so he picked the lock on his car to take his phone charger back. at the very same time he was picking the lock ricer boy's brother drives by and calls his brother (nathan, ricer boy...) so anyways nathan ends up going back to check on his car, then calls the cops.

the local city cops show up, they come with 3 cars plus their crime scene van. must not be a lot going on in that town... they end up dusting his car for finger prints, the works. he told the cops that his car was broken into with a screw driver in the key hole:rolleyes: even though there was no damage. the cops ended up leaving without doing anything. if he wouldnt' have insisted that thats how his car was broken into something might have happend. i guess ignorance is bad...

i'll try to get a picture tomorrow, but theres a good chance he'll get fired over this cop thing. not directly because of it, but the'll crack down on him for something else...

Tell him that you're just glad he doesn't have a few pounds of those racing stickers..... wow, you'd be screwed big time!!!!

I can't believe your boss stooped to his level and tried to break into his car. How about a suprise drug test?