Got my XFI harness Today!

Otto J

Cant wait to have this hooked up,Box should be here early next week.Ive had the software for a week or so and there is alot of nice new feature also

Keep us posted , as Im sure the Gen7+ some other features that the xfi doesnt have:)

Good to hear Otto. Jack will be sending out the 3 boxes he has next week out to us lucky guys on the waiting list.

When he gets them next week? He doesnt have one now?Is he sending them with stand alone harness or a jumper harness?
I was told that they wont be ready to ship early to mid week.

I know he didn't have 1 to ship out to me last week. I didn't really push him shipping out what he had, I felt it was a prototype unit and I didn't want a test mule anyways. The 3 units are "official" units from what I gather. I don't really squeeze Jack on issues, he doen't BS me and make me have to. :eek:

They will be the universal harnesses, which is perfect for me, I have some plans on some other ideas with this box. At this time I am under the impression there is no "specific" Buick harnesses available. I can tell you Jack has, or will be getting in some jumper harnesses and adaptor harnesses any day now. He had them made professionally, so you will be able to plug and play with the XFI box, no Hassle.

I was told by the people at F.A.S.T that there were only 2 people that had XFI boxes, Cal and Dale Cheery.I wonder why they didnt tell me Jack had one,I wonder if it is running in his car yet.
I have a jumper Harness that was made professionally,I had to wait because they havent realeased the pinout to all but those 2 people.

I forgot.PTE also had one last week,And i believe 2 of Cals customers already have them,A Stock eliminator guy and one of his 10.5 tire mustang customers also.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
I was told by the people at F.A.S.T that there were only 2 people that had XFI boxes, Cal and Dale Cheery.I wonder why they didnt tell me Jack had one,I wonder if it is running in his car yet.
I have a jumper Harness that was made professionally,I had to wait because they havent realeased the pinout to all but those 2 people.

Looks like they are not being straight on some issues.

FAST is being straight on these issues. You(Ted A.) are getting bad info from someone. Cal and I have had Buick units for a couple of months to do prototype testing. Harry at PTE got one about a week ago. About 10 other units (prototypes) are being tested by other vendors & racers. Shipping of production units won't be until sometime in March. We have no part #s or pricing as of yet.

Originally posted by berrelauto
FAST is being straight on these issues. You(Ted A.) are getting bad info from someone. Cal and I have had Buick units for a couple of months to do prototype testing. Harry at PTE got one about a week ago. About 10 other units (prototypes) are being tested by other vendors & racers. Shipping of production units won't be until sometime in March. We have no part #s or pricing as of yet.

Add up the total sum of the rumors and divide by 1/2 and you get less than 1/2 of the total picture. This equaled more than 2 vendors that was posted above here, over 1/2 the reason I posted the comment about information not being accurate. :eek:

Most important rumor is the units in fact, are going to be shipped out next week. Hopefully this is not a rumor. :D

I believe it was the 2 vendors mentioned that had the ecms and installed them in customer cars for testing
I woukd have had one earlier but with hte crappy northeast weather and the fact that my heads were off my car,I would not have been able to give honest feedback,So i declined at the time based on that point,
I am sure there would have been people wh would have taken one anyway.

The info I posted is fact not rumors. I work with Lance very closely on many projects and talk with him almost every day. The units were not out there for consumer use. They were given to vendors to evaluate and identify bugs & problems. Many changes we made and I hope their won't be any problems. The good news is the XFI can be reflashed without going back to FAST.
Don't start any new rumors, I said Shipping of production units won't be until sometime in March. I don't know for a fact it will be the first week. I hope this clears some things up.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
I believe it was the 2 vendors mentioned that had the ecms and installed them in customer cars for testing
I woukd have had one earlier but with hte crappy northeast weather and the fact that my heads were off my car,I would not have been able to give honest feedback,So i declined at the time based on that point,
I am sure there would have been people wh would have taken one anyway.

There seems to be a contest to see who will be the first "KID" on the block with the new FAST box. :rolleyes:

The frist kids already has them, Obviously you didnt get that info from this thread.
The point that seemed to come up is who ACTUALLY has one of the people that are claiming to

The point that seemed to come up is who ACTUALLY has one of the people that are claiming to

No Otto,

We all know that you will have one before many direct distributors of FAST. Congratulations :) You have arrived.........
As for Ted, he will have one when we receive our order, after being called by FAST management last week, I expect to have our shipment in soon. I can't say for sure, but sometime in the next week or 2 are what I have been told. But then......... this is the aftermarket....... ya never know. ;) As for what else we have received..... or not...... I guess that really isn't important at this point. I can only say that we are in the process of securing direct adaptor harnesses for the Buick V6, as well as a few other things. I'd also like to thank Cal and Dale for participating in the final developement of software. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.
:cool:

Originally posted by JCotton
No Otto,

You have arrived.........
????
Been here quite a while,Not sure what this means.

Im just glad it will be here as i sold my other one already.
Ill be happy if its here when im told it will be,Thats waht matters.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT ????
Been here quite a while,Not sure what this means.

If I know Jack, he's just teasing. Ya know, a little bit of "friendly competition" thing.

-Bob C.

Got my XFI harness Today!

Otto. Did you get a jumper harness for the buick or is it a jumper to connect the old FAST plug to the XFI plug, or a full harness ? The reason I ask is FAST does not recommend a jumper from old to new. This adds extra connection points and we all know this could lead to trouble. We have made a jumper for testing but will not sell these, We are having 10 Buick jumper harness's made that will have Speedo input, TCC, Boost control, EGR, and some inputs for sensors. No pricing yet on this, FAST has not given us prices on the ECU plugs yet. I will post updates on pricing and shipping as soon a I know.

Originally posted by bobc455
If I know Jack, he's just teasing. Ya know, a little bit of "friendly competition" thing.

-Bob C.

Jack has no competition he is in his own league :cool: