Got a question need help

hello community i might be new! A guy has agreed to sell me his 86 GN for 7K but it is not running> He said it hads been sitting for a year> has 45k and he thought it was the fuel pump so he replaced the fuel pump, fuel reg. and still no go. He says it will crank but runs very bad. He thinks it might be the timing<

Alot of "I think" in there, I say if you know how to work on a car like this, then go for it, but if you have no idea what you are doing, you will probably get in way over your head.

Also think about what will you do if it ends up being something requiring the engine being rebuilt, or a new one?

Just a few things to think about.

Welcome!

I know a little because I have a friend with a 87..... A good mech that is familiar but the owner of this car says that he will get the car running before he sells it to me. The day I asked him about it he took it out and drove it and he said it ran good but after he got it back home it started running bad.

I know a little because I have a friend with a 87..... A good mech that is familiar but the owner of this car says that he will get the car running before he sells it to me. The day I asked him about it he took it out and drove it and he said it ran good but after he got it back home it started running bad.
Welcome to the forum, and not to be rude, crude, & socially unacceptable, but the current owner of the car probably knows a lot more that he is letting on.
See if this doesn't help some in your decision:

The Turbo Regal Buyer's Guide

HTH