Going to the track What should it run???

are you guys going?
If it don't run 11's now it never will. :p

24 psi. with 21* timing in 3rd gear, lock the converter.

Even at 3800lb.s it will run a high 11 on slicks even with a 1.8 60ft. :biggrin:

This is gonna be your lucky day. :cool:
I hope it happens
Stock cam? If you end up running a high mph, keep an eye on the rpms. You may benefit going to a 27" tire. If you run 110mph or so, I'm guessing you'll be right at 5400-5500 rpm on the 26" tire. Maybe some of us have some taller sticky tires you may be able to try out for the rental. With a decent 60ft, high 11s at 111-112 is a reasonable goal.

Well i can't complain about the Atco track rental guys, At the other rental two guys offered to lend me their tires it was a real COOL thing to do.
I LOVE YOU BRO.:cool:

Dave
I have a set of 275 's BFG DR's I can throw in the truck if u want to try.. Will the bolt pattern be the same?

the 3.42s will be on sometime next week :biggrin:

What are my chances of getting into the 11.99s or even the 11.50s?

Do i have the supporting mods to go 11.50s?

With a good tune, 25psi, The converter locked and a good 60' I could see an 11sec pass

i hope

i Don't think the "tune" will be too good as my tuner is a big time rookie and i only get to see him while i am standing in front of the mirror:biggrin:

Well thats unless i have a couple of good $$$ weeks then i'll run it to one of the Up-North guys to take a look at it and work their magic.

I went 11.87 @ 114 with 25psi on a stock converter with a TE44. Three 11.xx passes that night. Going to try a 2800 stall next year.

I went 11.87 @ 114 with 25psi on a stock converter with a TE44. Three 11.xx passes that night. Going to try a 2800 stall next year.

well Melissa went 11.5s @ 117/118 with a 44 stock stuff to.. Doesn't mean he is goin to run 11s. Ya he does have the parts to do it BUT thats like believing in the butt dyno :p Soooo just go to the track an play!! It does what it does. :cool:

wish it was just about mods but unfortunatley its not.any combo needs time and persistance and more time usually.just plug away at it,parts are just parts getting them to work together is the trick.

for now i sit and wait for the day to come and hope that it doesn't get rained out.
i will push it and do what i can with the little that i know.

So far this is the list of tuning tips that i have picked up here and there.
1-Tune for no knock
2-Tune for no knock
3-Been there done that
BOOOMMMMMMM
just kidding i know that to some people this car stuff is serious business to me it's just stress release or is it stress increase its hard to tell sometimes LOL
Anyway How hard could it be? Turn up the boost, Turn up the Alky and hope it lives.
if any one wants to volunteer specific tuning tips please do so as i need all the help that i can get.
thanks

You obviously know what you have to do. :cool:

That said, the powerlogger is a mufuggin roman champion. Oh boy I love seeing a graph. 20 frames/sec..

When I didn't have that, it was a nasty methanol/petrol/boost/timing/ combo issue that wants to tell you its gunna blow at any time

You obviously know what you have to do. :cool:

That said, the powerlogger is a mufuggin roman champion. Oh boy I love seeing a graph. 20 frames/sec..

When I didn't have that, it was a nasty methanol/petrol/boost/timing/ combo issue that wants to tell you its gunna blow at any time

Yeaup right now i am trying to hustle as much as possible to try and get the PL, WB sensor and VSS replacement stuff. i figure with those three things and the million hours a day digging here and the other three sites i should be able to get it somewhat tuned.

What chip are you using?

If you get the VSS going let me know what it takes. It aint worth it to me right now cause it only turns the converter lockup on with my chip, and I have that on a switch.

Let me know how it goes! It would be nice not having to flip a switch everytime I want the converter locked up while cruising.

OK i talked to Eric he said as far as the Chip is concerned i shouldn't have any problems :D

and while i was on the phone with him i had another week moment and ordered the PowerLogger. And this is my thinking on the main reason why i ordered it. I figure that if i blow the motor up that id at least like to know what went wrong before the new one goes in and gets blown up for the same reason make sense or am just trying to justify buying extra ship:confused::confused: