Going to 72s, need advice

rkreigh

here's my combo.

GN1s, TE45, TH DP, weber 206 roller, TRW pistons, studs, steel main caps, stock rods, XP Dbl Pumper, ported intake, 62 MM TB, stock headers, dual waste gates on X over, ATR SS.

I need some advice..

best place for mod to ECM for low imp inj.

max effort vs translater plus chips for big injectors.

best base FP.

startup (heard you have to hold pedal down during start to prevent flooding with translater plus).

I currently have the MSD 50s which are fine on the street, but I want to run 10's and think that although they would work, it might be pushing things.

worried a bit about grenading the block too but I will go for it!!!

car has light FG bumpers, and alum supports. thinking seriously about pulling the AC out (doesn't work right now), and going to FG hood, trunk lid and doors.

I also need a roll bar and I guess the SFI balancer.

tia for any comments.:D

You can run 10's with no problem with the 50lbs injectors. Hell im doing right now, but i want to go low 10's so im going to 72's. I called Steve Y. @ max effort. His new MAF Less is sounding real promissing. You can have it put on your car for about $200( Plus $350 for ME chip if you don't already have one). You have to buy a 3 bar map sensor and some other things to get it to work. He knows a couple of people that can mod your ecm for you.

Good luck.

Bob Bailey does a good, quick job on the ecms.

MaxEffort is the only way to fly but you can use it with a Translator or Translator Plus. It works as well as any other chip when it comes to mating with the Translators.

Originally posted by rkreigh

I need some advice..

best place for mod to ECM for low imp inj.

max effort vs translater plus chips for big injectors.

startup (heard you have to hold pedal down during start to prevent flooding with translater plus).

tia for any comments.:D

As Steve said, Bob Bailey can mod the ECM. As for Maxeffort or T+ and Extender, I only have experience with the T+ but I can say it is an awesome setup and you can't go wrong with it.

Maxeffort/ T+ & Extender are both great setups and are the only ones to consider IMO. Both allow the user to make adjustments as needed. No other chips allow you to do that. You can't go wrong either way.

As far as flooding with the T+???? Never ever heard that before, and it is simply not true. I have never had to hold the pedal down when starting my car.

Re: Re: Going to 72s, need advice

Originally posted by c&cgn
As far as flooding with the T+???? Never ever heard that before, and it is simply not true. I have never had to hold the pedal down when starting my car.

Me neither. Something else is going on there.

the MAFless max effort sounds promising.

I could see the trans + to help finance the Maxeffort which I like.

I currently have an Imp 3" MAF. I think the MAXeffort wants the 3.5 maf to work right??

I was thinking about red armstrong for the mods.

how do I get in touch with Bob Bailey. I hear he also does good work on the Trans + chips which I may use for a while.

I spend too much on cars as you can tell.

I agree that you can go 10's on 50s, but quite a few folks told me that with the TE45 I should consider larger injectors so I took the plunge <G>

the 72s were only 350 new from Dusty on the board. pleasure dealing with him. he's one of the good ones!!!

works with either one....they are about the same price these days, I think, so I usually suggest the 3.5, but, we have one car with the 3.0 and it runs fine.

Hi,

Some new Extender stuff for 72's / 75's coming soon,

It will require the 3.5" though.

At that power level there is a difference in the MAF's.

No problem with flooding that I have ever heard of.

DS has a few issues that will cause this....

For the ECM, drop me a line:

bob@bailey-eng.nospam

(put com in above in place of nospam...)

Are you running an extender now?

Bob

here's my setup....3.5 sensor no screens, reg translator, ME-16, with 37 psi line off. runs perfect, idels smooth at 1000 rpm. gets decent gas mileage, not great though. love the setup, made 450 rwhp at 22 psi.