GNX Wheel House Trap Door

Some pics installed. I only took pictures of the left but they both came out the same.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 362
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 346
Nice job...looks good painted black....

I guess whatever you use to glue them to the fender would be a real chore to remove if you ever had to probably destroy them. Ever consider doing them in aluminum or light gauge steel?

I guess whatever you use to glue them to the fender would be a real chore to remove if you ever had to probably destroy them. Ever consider doing them in aluminum or light gauge steel?

You are correct in saying it would be a real chore to remove extension from the fender. The adhesive is real good.
The GNX was made out of steel and riveted through the fender.....I do not think you want to see rivets on the outside of the fenders. The GNX had flares to hide the rivets.
Aluminum , steel or fiberglass no difference you need to attach it to the fender. If you need to take off the fender you can remove it by taking out the inner fender with the outer fender. Or possibly removing the top rivets and taking off the extension with the fender. In the worst case you may need to replace the extension.

I just figured with metal you could still use some sort of adhesive to hold them together that way you could probably put a little heat on them and pull them apart without tearing'em up.

I just figured with metal you could still use some sort of adhesive to hold them together that way you could probably put a little heat on them and pull them apart without tearing'em up.

If you want a set out of metal I will make you a set....it will cost more but I made them before I can make them again...:)

Can you provide a little more info on installing the patch panels? Even a video would be nice. Thanks Rick/Scott.

I just went out to see how much rubbing my 16" Kirban wheels do. The passenger side does not hit the fender well at all. The driver's side barely touches the fender well. So I think I will pass on the patch panels....I'm sure I can find something else to spend money on with you guys. :)

I dough it ...the inner fender may be the same but the extension also attaches to the front fender... and we know they are different.

Thanks, cuz I just had them out and everything is out of the way - this is the time to do it.

X-Ray, what size front wheel and tire did you end up running?

Anyone else do this and have some feedback about what they were able to stuff in there reliably?

Jim

Are you considering the wheelhouse extensions too, otherwise I don't really see the point.