GNX Wheel House Trap Door

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
For those of you that are trying to install 275-35-18 tires in conjunction with Ridetech's new TruTurn front suspension, you might want to check out the captioned with X Ray. This was standard equipment on GNX's to facilitate wider front tires. I bought my Trap Door from him several years ago and can attest that it helps significantly. He still has some left and can make more.
Conrad

Good name for the GNX front wheelhouse patches..... if there is enough interest I can get these made again ...I do have the reproduction tooling for these parts. This is a copy of the add I used when I sold them on e-bay many years ago.

Attachments

• wheelhouse patch.jpg
    wheelhouse patch.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,186
I will get some pictures up later....but it replaces a section of the front outer plastic wheelhouse . This patch goes on the rear lower portion of the front wheelhouse to aid in clearance for the larger GNX tires and wheels and the larger offset.

Attached are the illustrations of the GNX revisions made to the front wheelhouse ....I do not know if either revisions or any for that matter will be needed. But these parts can be made if it is deemed necessary and enough people want them.

Attachments

• extention -front wheelhouse.jpg
    extention -front wheelhouse.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 858
  • Patch-front wheelhouse.jpg
    Patch-front wheelhouse.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 918
FYI a heat gun will work as well guys. I talked to a guy at SEMA with a 10" wide wheel on the front with stock inner fender flares and stock fenders and thats how he had done it

Here are some photos of my install of the GNX wheel house cover...not the best workmanship on my part! I also threw in 2 photos where I tucked the speedo cable in closer to frame for more clearance.
Running 8.5" x 18" x 56mm BS Corvette wheel (1.5" spacer) with 245-40-18 tire. Only rubbing is with Hotchkis sway bar and a tiny bit of frame scrub.

Attachments

• GN-DS Wheel - GNX5.jpg
    GN-DS Wheel - GNX5.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 846
  • GN-PS Wheel - GNX1.jpg
    GN-PS Wheel - GNX1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 750
  • Tire Clearance - DS - Speedo Cable - Mid Process - Zip Tie Not Tightened.jpg
    Tire Clearance - DS - Speedo Cable - Mid Process - Zip Tie Not Tightened.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 631
  • Tire Clearance - DS-Speedo Cable - Finished.jpg
    Tire Clearance - DS-Speedo Cable - Finished.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 621
No problem. Sorry it took me so long to get them posted.
Conrad

I am interested in a set as well. Would paying for a few sets up front help get this started?

Thanks but not needed...I will talk with a vacuum-form supplier next week and see if he will do a short run ....but I do still have the tooling on this one. This will allow me to get some cost and timing estimates. regards