GNX 425 and 190 for sale

Awesome story, Bill!

Not only did you find a GNX but the very one that you used to own. Thanks for sharing your story and pictures of the arrival. Best of luck to you!

I swear theres something about watching your car back out of a delivery trailer. Back when my NSX was delivered from Cali, watching it back off that trailer made me completely numb with excitment. That GNX pic backing off looks just awesome. Maybe I'm just weird.:cool:

Not weird at all-- My delivery back in the fall of 2006 had me numb with excitement too... :)

Attachments

• One.jpg
    One.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 678
  • Two.jpg
    Two.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 683
  • Three.jpg
    Three.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 664
  • Four.jpg
    Four.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 660
The Dreamcar Garage car was 321 before it went to a dealer in FL in March 2007. BTW the power antenna didn't work on that one, either! :)

Thanks for clarifying which GNX was featured in the DreamCar Garage episode.

Changing out a power antenna on a GNX can be done through the louver hole after removing the louver. It's not that bad of a job because you don't have to separate the fender like on other regals. A search in this forum will go into more detail.

-john

I changed out the antenna on GNX 005 in less than two hours in my buddy's garage.Wasn't that bad but I just had to be REAL careful as I didn't want to screw anything up on his 435 mile GNX.:eek:

Actually its a new old home. I am the fifth owner but I was also the 2nd owner.

Here are some pictures . When I sold it in 1996 it had 1800 miles. 15 years later I got it back with about 4800 miles. Thrilled to have her back!!!

Sorry to bump such an old thread but this is mind blowing to me. Pretty certain my father purchased this car from you. Just reading some of these stories about 425 really touches me. I loved that car when my father owned it. I remember our drive out to meet the new owner halfway and my father not wanting to do the exchange because the guy was going to drive it back in a snowstorm(the car had never even been washed with water at that point). Crazy.

Last edited:

It's wild. I had to stop typing before because my eyes started to fill with water. My father passed away in 2005 so things like this hit home. He was a HUGE Turbo Buick guy. Owned so many(A LOT) different ones over the years. He loved that GNX and unfortunately fell on times where he had to let it go.
I still remember(vividly) walking into his shop and seeing it on the first lift to the left. I was 12 years old or so. I knew what a GNX was and when he told me he bought it I went crazy.
I remember wearing the GNX jacket to school when I was in middle school. LoL

Every few years I would search "GNX 425" and never get anything. Then today I decided to do it again and it brought me here.

Wow, it's amazing. We have the 2nd, the 5th, the 3rd owners son, and now the me: the 4th owner. I am really glad to see it was repaired properly after I wrecked it while showing off street racing it. I never lost a street race with it and I raced it about 30+ times but only put about 3,000 miles on it. I blew the original engine while doing donuts, so I put a 454 in it with a Holley super double pumper on it and a 150 shot of NOS, but had the original engine rebuilt and stored nicely. I also had 4:10's put in it (wonder if they are still in it.) I actually almost got into a fist fight with a bystander at a race that got a little too uppity about the mods I did to a real GNX. But hey, it was my money and my car, and I never did anything too bad like put big dubs on it or anything, yanno? Anyways, it's cool to see it back to it's glory and all the panels straight again!

If you have any questions about my time with it, just pm me. If your question is, "am I lying?" then the answer is "yes," everything I just said was a work of fiction.

congrats bill ... seems we still have the same interests in cars, wayne ....l79 acadian