GNS Performance TSR - (Turbo Street Radial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say "matching wheels" do you mean that they have to be the same size front and rears? For example, my car runs 18's on the street but I have a matching set of 15's for the rears. Would I qualify with the 15's in the rear and the 18's in the front?

That's the problem I'm having, but worse. One set of four 160 treadwear on 17's and four 180 treadwear on stock T wheels and an extra pair of T wheels with slicks for the index or THS class. Cheapest way for me to go is buy a set of radials for the T wheels to drive up on to be able to run TSR and then slap on the slicks to run THS or index where all the T wheels match. I just can't see dropping $1200 to buy more 17's and then replace the back radials with something approved and then some 17 inch drag radials just to race for fun.

So what are we all thinking the best 250 treadwear tire will be? I'd like to see some wheelies on all season tires!!!!!!!

Another question that was touched on eariler, what is the minimum tread depth? Can we use some pretty much bald tires? I wont be there but if we do this in BG, I'll be entering!

By the way, Scott......thank you for setting up a new class for us pure street guys. I love the the TSM, TSO, etc classes but it's not for my car. I dont want a drag car, I want a street car and I want to race! This class will open some eyes to show what us street cars can do.

Minimum Tread Depth?

Okay guy's since there has been some of you asking about a minimum tread depth. Well to keep things safe and fair to everyone in the class I'm going to put a minimum tread depth of 2/32'', That is the state minimum depth and usually where the wear markers start on a street radial tire.

Wow I have gotten several calls with guy's already testing there TSR combo's! Looks like this is going to be a good time.

SW.

Okay guy's since there has been some of you asking about a minimum tread depth. Well to keep things safe and fair to everyone in the class I'm going to put a minimum tread depth of 2/32'', That is the state minimum depth and usually where the wear markers start on a street radial tire.

Wow I have gotten several calls with guy's already testing there TSR combo's! Looks like this is going to be a good time.

SW.
Clint,

If you don't mind, Please add this change to the main rule page for others to see.

Thank You!

SW.

Hmmm.... Sounds like a very interesting class. If I can scrape together some gas money, I may drive the GN down and run it. Last time I ran it on a "true street radial", it went a best of 13.42@103 I think. Thats been almost three years and the car is much faster.

I do have one question however. I know you said true street radials are required, which is fine by me. But do they have to be a matching set? Im going to get a set of G-Force Sports, but I dont want to burn them up since my car will spin the a non-DR tire through 3rd...:biggrin: The 62 comes up VERY FAST with my setup!

Other than swapping the street tires on my car seems to be legal, I hope.

Thanks for putting this on and I hope to see you there.

Scott J.

the 86 has been 11.20s @124 (7.5 @99.89 1/8th) on my 245/50-16 federal supersteel radials
had the benifit of the msbc-1 boost ramp control
only problem with the rules is i wouldnt be allowed because i dont have a/c but the factory heater only box

the 87 which meets all the rules has been 12.20 on stock turbo and true street radials (1.80 60')

the 86 has been 11.20s @124 (7.5 @99.89 1/8th) on my 245/50-16 federal supersteel radials
had the benifit of the msbc-1 boost ramp control
only problem with the rules is i wouldnt be allowed because i dont have a/c but the factory heater only box

the 87 which meets all the rules has been 12.20 on stock turbo and true street radials (1.80 60')

Can "hybrids" run this to as long as they meet weight ?? :confused:

i assume it means to be a class for turbo buick powered as in gn ttypes and possibly tta's but i dont see anywhere in the rules listed where it has to be a g-body or that a tta isnt allowed or that it even has even buick powered

just turbo powered as the name of the class implies ] on true street radials... any displacement is allowed (SB chevies???) as long as its 3500lb with driver has stock stuff as listed (never states stock to a regal so would guess stock to a mazda counts then ) and has working a/c (yeah the rules say working a/c :confused:)

i would think with 800 lbs in the trunk of the mazda sticking a radial wouldnt be hard

oh and is there a scale at this track or are entrants on the honor system , we have three tracks in jersey (full 1/4mi)and another in MD (full 1/4mi) and only one (etown ) has a scale

i assume it means to be a class for turbo buick powered as in gn ttypes and possibly tta's but i dont see anywhere in the rules listed where it has to be a g-body or that a tta isnt allowed or that it even has even buick powered

just turbo powered as the name of the class implies ] on true street radials... any displacement is allowed (SB chevies???) as long as its 3500lb with driver has stock stuff as listed (never states stock to a regal so would guess stock to a mazda counts then ) and has working a/c (yeah the rules say working a/c :confused:)

i would think with 800 lbs in the trunk of the mazda sticking a radial wouldnt be hard

oh and is there a scale at this track or are entrants on the honor system , we have three tracks in jersey (full 1/4mi)and another in MD (full 1/4mi) and only one (etown ) has a scale
(Pace & Grump) The mail rules for this whole event are posted here that cover what is alowed into this event. and that means it would also apply to each and every class.

Says this: Friday 19th :
We will have qualifying for all categories yet to be determined. We will be running heads-up / pro-tree index racing for anyone wanting to run 8.49, 7.49, and 6.99 categories. This is open to ALL Buick powered, Buick Bodied, and SY/TY entries. We will also have a Quick 16 bracket race as well as an Open Field Quick 8 for any Buick bodied, Buick powered entry on a heads-up, pro-tree format.

Can be read here-> http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/20...als/292319-2010-turbobuick-com-nationals.html

Scot W.

Hmmm.... Sounds like a very interesting class. If I can scrape together some gas money, I may drive the GN down and run it. Last time I ran it on a "true street radial", it went a best of 13.42@103 I think. Thats been almost three years and the car is much faster.

I do have one question however. I know you said true street radials are required, which is fine by me. But do they have to be a matching set? Im going to get a set of G-Force Sports, but I dont want to burn them up since my car will spin the a non-DR tire through 3rd...:biggrin: The 62 comes up VERY FAST with my setup!

Other than swapping the street tires on my car seems to be legal, I hope.

Thanks for putting this on and I hope to see you there.

Scott J.
Scott,

The rear tires DO NOT have to match the fronts! The main thing is that the rims match and the tires are NOT a Drag Radial of any kind!

Thanks for your interest in the TSR class.

SW.

then by the main rules stating "BUICK POWERED" a turbo buick powered mazda (hybrid) is allowed as long as it has a/c and meets the 3500lb rule on true radial tires
and by "buick bodied" then the motor doesnt have to be turboed as long as its in a buick body so SB are allowed turbo or otherwise as well as any other powerplant as long as its in a buick ??

not trying to stir the pot just understand the rules put forth

unless you come out and state buick powered trs and ttas only which i didnt hear you say

then by the main rules stating "BUICK POWERED" a turbo buick powered mazda (hybrid) is allowed as long as it has a/c and meets the 3500lb rule on true radial tires
and by "buick bodied" then the motor doesnt have to be turboed as long as its in a buick body so SB are allowed turbo or otherwise as well as any other powerplant as long as its in a buick ??

not trying to stir the pot just understand the rules put forth

unless you come out and state buick powered trs and ttas only which i didnt hear you say

Yes, only exception to this are those classes which are considered regal bodied specific such as TSO, TSM, and THS (I think).

Yes, only exception to this are those classes which are considered regal bodied specific such as TSO, TSM, and THS (I think).

understood as those classes have clear defined rules in place for the car but this class doesnt and its an interesting class
if he would just say this will be a buick regal turbo class only then thats that , but he seemed to be apologizing to grumpy as if to say no to his question on hybrids when the main rules would seem to state otherwise

and whats about the scales question , you state a weight will there be a check to ensure compliance seeing as how it is a heads up class not a bracket

understood as those classes have clear defined rules in place for the car but this class doesnt and its an interesting class
if he would just say this will be a buick regal turbo class only then thats that , but he seemed to be apologizing to grumpy as if to say no to his question on hybrids when the main rules would seem to state otherwise

and whats about the scales question , you state a weight will there be a check to ensure compliance seeing as how it is a heads up class not a bracket

Scales are available after each run of qualifying. I see what you are saying because I was surprised Scot didnt say Buick Regal specific. He is trying to make the class as open as possible to all racers. As far as his apology and I took that as meaning our rules for the event does not dictate the whole event in every race class, only specific ones

I apologize for the confusion on the rules, That is one thing I completely overlooked. I will go ahead and say it's "Buick Regal Turbo & TTA " Specific class! only because if someone with a TTA wants to run we would be proud to let them participate as well!

No Hybrids & No SY/TY to simply keep things close to all the other classes in that respect. By no means am I trying to eliminate one person or another, I just want to keep this class the same as the rest. TSR = (Turbo Street Radial) so it really is a Turbo class already! :)

I apologize for the lack of that rule and will implement it as soon as possible to avoid any future troubles.

Thank You for your interest in the TSR class and we hope to see you there.

Again, I apologize ..

Scot W.

PS: Clint can you please add the above in bold to the TSR rules? Thanks Clint.

Status
Not open for further replies.