GNS Performance TSR - (Turbo Street Radial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone going to let out what tire they are going with?
what et's is it going to take to win?
lets see what you all say

I may be wrong but I think it will be a car that will run mid to high 6's with radials to be competive.:confused:

Hi Richie, First I would like to say that IF I do decide to run my car in TSR I just want everyone to know if for some unlikely reason I win, I will still be splitting the win money up with the runner up and the first one eliminated in the eliminations. I "Will Not" keep the money!!

If my car runs in TSR the tires I will be running are TOYO Proxes T1R 285/40- 18's.

Not really sure what ET it's going to take to win because this is the first ever event for this class. I'm sure afterward we will be more educated!! :)

Look forward to having you in the class Richie!

SW.

Stickers are finished and on there way to Clint! These will be the stickers that will go on everyone's car that participates in TSR. Keeps that ugly shoe pollish down to a bare minimum and still looks nice even if it rains! ;)

I'm ready!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• TSR  ready 002.jpg
    TSR ready 002.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 264
If anyone gets into the mid 6's their MPH will have to be at least 118+ to make up for lack of a 60'. So it's going to take a low 9 second quarter mile car to get that.

If anyone gets into the mid 6's their MPH will have to be at least 118+ to make up for lack of a 60'. So it's going to take a low 9 second quarter mile car to get that.
And a dam good driver to be able to pull that off! Can't leave out the fact that it's got to be done on regular street tires! ;)

The race is going to be won off the line and seeing that it's only the 1/8th mile there won't be much driving around someone at the end!

Deffinetly going to be fun to see what peoples combos are and what they do to achieve there times.

Scot W.

boy if they are going to run that fast I might need to stay on the porch!

but then again I might bring my show car out and try my look, just in case this is what the front of it looks like incase you don't get a chance to see it :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 255
I wonder how a big turbo with a tight convertor would work :eek:

surprisingly well...

Also somewhere in the 105 mph range will get you in the 6's I ran 7.30 at 95 on regular radial TA's. Just get past the 60 foot mark and most all will be well. This is a DRIVERS CLASS, not a horsepower race. With the proper tune up this class will be very competitive. I know now that several people are running TNT (Test N Tune) getting ready trying to figure out the right TNT (Turbo N Tire;)) combo to make it work. I think that the turbo and tire combo is going to be the most critical...

Congrats Scot. This class may be around awhile...

Is there a minimum tread depth? For example, in search of more traction, doing a burnout to remove what little tread my street tires may have had left?

Probably just enough the tires will pass state inspection. At least that's what I'm thinking.

Turns out my extra set of T wheels with street tires in the shed are tread wear 180 anyways- old Yokohama AVS 225 60's. Out of two sets of wheels and tires I have neither are going to pass in TSR. In my searching for new back 17's, Nitto Invo 255/50/17 has a tread wear of 260 and BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2 275/40/17 has tread wear of 300. Every other street tire that has been recommended online is 200 or lower, like the Dunlap Z stars for example.

Turns out my extra set of T wheels with street tires in the shed are tread wear 180 anyways- old Yokohama AVS 225 60's. Out of two sets of wheels and tires I have neither are going to pass in TSR. In my searching for new back 17's, Nitto Invo 255/50/17 has a tread wear of 260 and BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2 275/40/17 has tread wear of 300. Every other street tire that has been recommended online is 200 or lower, like the Dunlap Z stars for example.
As long as it is a regular street tire (NO DRAG RADIAL) and has a tread wear rating 250 or Over your fine. A Lot of the pro-touring guy's run the KDW tires and like them a lot. We have a 3-day event here in TN with the same restriction on tread wear rating where 1 day is a cruise, 2nd day is an autocross, 3rd day is at our local 1/8th mile drag strip and it's a Must that all cars use the same exact tire in all three events. The BFG KDW's are on 90% of the cars and they do very well...

The lower the rating the softer the tire!! ;) so get as close to the 250 as possible..

SW.

The lower the rating the softer the tire!! ;) so get as close to the 250 as possible..

SW.

Tirerack has the sort by UTOG feature which helps, but they don't sell all brands. I'll probably get the KDW 2's in 275 40 17 and then get another pair of 17 inch wheels to run drag radials for the other classes to pass the matching wheel rule.

Tirerack has the sort by UTOG feature which helps, but they don't sell all brands. I'll probably get the KDW 2's in 275 40 17 and then get another pair of 17 inch wheels to run drag radials for the other classes to pass the matching wheel rule.
;) :biggrin: Good choice!

The UTOG feature is great for seeing what make tires have the certian ratings then you can go prie matching from there.

SW.

When you say "matching wheels" do you mean that they have to be the same size front and rears? For example, my car runs 18's on the street but I have a matching set of 15's for the rears. Would I qualify with the 15's in the rear and the 18's in the front?

When you say "matching wheels" do you mean that they have to be the same size front and rears? For example, my car runs 18's on the street but I have a matching set of 15's for the rears. Would I qualify with the 15's in the rear and the 18's in the front?
Sure! That is meant for the Rims to match! Actually the tires can be different but the rims must be the Same Style and match.

Scot W.

Status
Not open for further replies.